Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Perfecto or Similar Motorcycle Jacket Research

FredG

New in Town
Greetings,

First time poster. I sell under "coinside" mostly eBay.

Came across a size 54 jacket D-pocket belted (images to follow) but need some expert help. This weighs over 10 pounds, it has a removable zip in liner (removed) and the kicker is the pockets are lined with a plaid felt-like material. Might be horsehide.

Can anyone identify based on those few details?

Thank you!

Not a chance. Please post pics. Even with pics, it can be a challenge...but it sounds like the monster I almost bought a month ago. Would like to see it!

IXL

One Too Many
Not a chance. Please post pics. Even with pics, it can be a challenge...but it sounds like the monster I almost bought a month ago. Would like to see it!
If it is that same jacket, you will just kick yourself again!:eusa_doh:

too much coffee

Practically Family
Greetings,

First time poster. I sell under "coinside" mostly eBay.

Came across a size 54 jacket D-pocket belted (images to follow) but need some expert help. This weighs over 10 pounds, it has a removable zip in liner (removed) and the kicker is the pockets are lined with a plaid felt-like material. Might be horsehide.

Can anyone identify based on those few details?

Thank you!

Hi FredG and Welcome to the Lounge;

Is the jacket for sale?

And hurry with the pics please!

Regards,
coffee

FredG

New in Town
The jacket will be for sale when I do the groundwork (this). It is a consigned item and the seller thinks it is on par with the Buco I sold for him earlier this year. I posted the images in a blog I have: http://coinside.blogspot.com/2011/10/leather-motorcycle-jacket-unkown.html

The images expand rather well there. Closer inspection I see the backplate is likely the weight culprit.

A few more details: The liner appears to be nylon- this sets off my not vintage alarm. All zippers are Talon with the exception of the front- it has a diagonal pattern-no text. 54 appears in two locations as seen in the image.

Thanks for the replies on this.

Edward

Bartender
The jacket will be for sale when I do the groundwork (this). It is a consigned item and the seller thinks it is on par with the Buco I sold for him earlier this year. I posted the images in a blog I have: http://coinside.blogspot.com/2011/10/leather-motorcycle-jacket-unkown.html

The images expand rather well there. Closer inspection I see the backplate is likely the weight culprit.

A few more details: The liner appears to be nylon- this sets off my not vintage alarm. All zippers are Talon with the exception of the front- it has a diagonal pattern-no text. 54 appears in two locations as seen in the image.

Thanks for the replies on this.

The Nylon lining and the shape of the zip pulls should date it for the experts round here. I've never seen pocket lining like that on a production jacket of this type, but as pockets can often wear, chances are those could be a later replacement. If they are original, it would have to give a fair clue to maker as it is unusual. I'd hazard a guess at early 80s, myself, but I would stress that it really only is a guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran