Vintage Picking and Road Tripping with Dinerman

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Dinerman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

That's a Ralph Lauren from a decade or so back. It's reversible, canvas with patch pockets on one side, herringbone tweed with slash pockets on the other. They come up on eBay from time to time.
    No physical store to visit at the moment, strictly on-line sales. I'm a one man show when it comes to the vintage dealing- picking, shooting, listing, shipping, all on top of being an architecture grad student.

2. Very enjoyable thread of your exploits Dinerman.

3. Dinerman

We spent today in Belgrade, hitting up some of the antique shops. There was a lot of high priced Western Americana. It's just the kind of thing I like, but it's also popular with the millionare set in the area when they furnish their log cabin styled ski mansions, so at least in this part of the state, it's generally out of my price range. I did, however, happen upon a cache of old Warner Bros. western wardrobe pieces. I have no idea what the market is on this kind of thing- some pieces are obviously 100 year old originals pressed into service decades ago, others were made by the costume departments, other pieces are newer repros from more modern films.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RBH

RBH Bartender

Nice DMan! I like that vest you are wearing, mind telling a bit about it?

5. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

That's great, DM. I think I just drooled on my screen looking at those boots.

6. PABLOCRAVIOTO

PABLOCRAVIOTO New in Town

i like the Dude Rancher Lodge address and some more exterior and room pictures/how much to hotel pay

7. Dinerman

In the latest post, the layer under my coat is a tweed jacket made by Messagerie. The coat itself is RRL, as is the shirt. The hat's an old Banana Republic and the jeans are LVC. An all repro ensemble- Ha!
    [​IMG]

The vest from a couple pages back with the horn toggle closure is a blanket stripe made for Banana Republic as part of their defunct "Cabinwear" line.

Short Balding Guy and DOGMAN like this.
  8. RBH

RBH Bartender

Nice!!!

9. Dinerman

After a few near misses, I found a bus that feels right and bought it yesterday. I'll convert this for next summer's extended road tripping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Congrats! You are probably going to need a roof rack ... and a cargo trailer. :D

Joao Encarnado likes this.
  11. Dinerman

With my architecture thesis research submitted and the semester over for both of us, Alex and I made a quick trip to the shops around town. I found a beat-up old canvas duster, a pair of '30s sunglasses and a book for myself. In other news, I've started stripping the seats out of the bus and designing the interior.

Here are some shots from this latest mini-excursion.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RBH

RBH Bartender

I am looking forward to seeing your bus conversion.
    With some of the things you find on your trips I am sure you will 'deck' it out really cool!

13. RJR

RJR

Really cool pics,dinerman.

14. Dinerman

On the road in California- will be posting more in the next couple of days.
    [​IMG]

15. 1mach1

1mach1

Love those old signs DM. One of my favorite things.

dh66 likes this.
  16. dh66

dh66

Yes, great sign pics! Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

17. Dinerman

Some more neon, San Francisco.
    [​IMG]

18. Samuel

Samuel Practically Family

Very cool, looks and feels already like a "reality TV" show in the making. I shop vicariously through you now.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  19. Dinerman

That was very close to happening this past summer.

Samuel likes this.
  20. Samuel

Samuel Practically Family

Make it happen because I think it an interesting concept especially for men's fashion; which we see very little representation out there in the media. Secondly, the vintage angle seems to be in, I believe you'll have plenty of support....