Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
lol10.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
My friend cancelled late on Saturday so there I was, all dressed up and nowhere to go... So I pulled out the MacBook and made a little vintage shoot. The idea was to try different filmsatr looks but after I did Theda Bara and Greta Garbo I go tired and had a sandwich instead. I did fiddle a little with them to give them more of a vintage look and I don't know if they came out all that good, but hey, it was fifteen minutes I didn't have any better use for anyway.

I hope you can tell which is meant to be which...

thedame.jpg

Photoon2012-09-01at23.jpg

ETA: So OK, there's no clothing in this. Oops. But vintage-y pics of me just the same.

Last edited:

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
I have lots of shots that were taken to look completely period from the outset. All the following were taken by my talented friend, Gordon Ayres on a vintage camera with film. There is no photoshopping or retouching done to any of these images - they are all as they were taken. Ones that I have prints of all have a plain white border.

Taken in London during the Royal Wedding last year:
8c1e60ab.jpg

One of my most favourite pictures ever, of me with the lovely Lauren of the Lounge and one of my best friends.
2554b8e1.jpg

My chum and I in the Swiss Summer.
e00de64b.jpg

Same place.
29de06c6.jpg

New Year in the Swiss Alps.
80429d4e.jpg

He has a website: http://www.gordonayresphotographer.com/ Please note the contact info is incorrect as he has moved.

Also an old thread with some more pics: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?21955-Photography-of-Gordon-Ayres.

Super photos, they say the camera never lies yet its hard to date yours, they look as though they belong to you grandparents.

DNO

One Too Many
My friend cancelled late on Saturday so there I was, all dressed up and nowhere to go... So I pulled out the MacBook and made a little vintage shoot. The idea was to try different filmsatr looks but after I did Theda Bara and Greta Garbo I go tired and had a sandwich instead. I did fiddle a little with them to give them more of a vintage look and I don't know if they came out all that good, but hey, it was fifteen minutes I didn't have any better use for anyway.

I hope you can tell which is meant to be which...

thedame.jpg

Photoon2012-09-01at23.jpg

ETA: So OK, there's no clothing in this. Oops. But vintage-y pics of me just the same.

Really striking photographs, Flicka. You certainly didn't waste your 15 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy