Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

wackyvorlon

One of the Regulars
Here is a link to a page with some info on the Ansco Shur-Shot Jr.:

http://www.merrillphoto.com/AnscoShurShot.htm

It appears the Ansco was also made by Agfa, which is still in the film business. Not having the camera to hand, once thing I can suggest looking for is to make sure that you don't have to pull out the film advance knob. You have to do that with the Kodak Brownie's, since the end of that knob engages the film spool directly.

*EDIT*

Well, after further searching, I found this page:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00B6iu

Which should clear up most of it. BTW, if you decide to do a contact print from the negative of one of these cameras, it's very easy to do, and requires very little equipment. And, if you should decide to develop your own film, it requires a little more equipment, but it can still be done very easily, for very little money. Takes about 20 minutes to develop the film proper, and ten for a print. Feel free to ask if you're interested in finding out how.

HTTK

New in Town
Thanks for those wonderful links wacky! They helped alot. ;)

Thought I would ask in this topic since we have been talking about it here.

Were would you get 120 or 127 film developed at? I don't think you would just stick it in a Wal-Mart mailer. :p Just wondering where you guys send your film off to get developed. I'm thinking of getting some off Ebay and shooting a roll of B&W.

wackyvorlon

One of the Regulars
Most specialty camera shops have a lab they can send 120 off to, normally takes two weeks to get it back. Depends a lot on whether the film is colour, or black and white. If you live in a reasonably large city, often there will be dedicated film labs in town - they can develop colour 120 film in an hour. If you're lucky, they won't have to send black and white film away, then they should be able to do that in a little bit more time.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
91975047_l.jpg

wackyvorlon

One of the Regulars
Very nice. Now, trick is to dial up the grain ever so slightly, soften the focus, and make exposure just a little wonky. That will get rid of the modern sharpness that it has.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I was beginning to think, wow, Bad enough to take the Mike Hammer/Indiana Jones/Bogart et al stuff from ordinary street urchins, but from the guys here... ouch.

:)

scotrace said:
I was beginning to think, wow, Bad enough to take the Mike Hammer/Indiana Jones/Bogart et al stuff from ordinary street urchins, but from the guys here... ouch. :)

I would never say such things. Suffice it to say that the ensemble looks good on you. The picture had that vintage quality to it. I think I hear Hollywood calling. ;)

Regards to all,

J

scotrace said:
I took it as a compliment, of course. And thanks for the nice words.

I was making a small joke. No big deal.

I think there was a thread sompleace about having a place (other than at places required by courtesy) where you would not wear a lid. I realized today that I invariably remove mine when I fill up my car at the gas station. Not sure why. I just can't seem to make myself stand there and pump gas in a fedora.

I saw the smiley. ;)
The reason you remove your hat is because you don't want to confuse people about the era. In the golden age you didn't fill your own car up. All stations were full service. :p
Actually I wear mine just to confuse people. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

D

Deleted member 259

Here's a picture from a swing dance a while back. Not vintage, but retro enough, considering..

8400afac.jpg

I'm the doll in the white dress. And I swear, I wouldn't associate with people who wear jeans out dancing...we met her there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore