Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Oh my...

(Splashes cold water on face, downs a shot of rye whiskey)

If ever there was a reason for 1940s style to come back - you're it, doll! :cheers1:

Brad

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Jitterbugdoll

Thanks for posting! Excellent photos!
I really liked the b&w one.
As far as suggestions for improvement, crop out the superfluous background and play with the lighting. You've got good features- play them up! Use more indirect lighting, but focus more on your face. The old Hollywood portraits often focus on the subject, but tend to fade out around the edges.
But you definitely have the look, but more importantly the feel of the old photos.
Good job!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I don't know if ya'all can make this out well or not.
My husband and I did this for our engagement pictures.The photographer had never done this style before and I thought she did great.In fact,I think this is the best look I've come close to pulling off.I feel like I never get it completely right,but once in a while I still try.

47b4d601b3127cce9a3b438247ba00000016109AbOXLFk0bS

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
rubyredlocks said:
I don't know if ya'all can make this out well or not.
My husband and I did this for our engagement pictures.The photographer had never done this style before and I thought she did great.In fact,I think this is the best look I've come close to pulling off.I feel like I never get it completely right,but once in a while I still try.

47b4d601b3127cce9a3b438247ba00000016109AbOXLFk0bS

I LOVE THIS PHOTO! You truly are a stunning beauty.

Doe Peterson

New in Town
jitterbugdoll said:
I received a proofs CD of my latest shoot in the mail today, and I wanted to share a few of the photos with you. This photographer is learning to work in Hurrel’s style, and I think some of the shots really reflect this (although I worked in a few pinups ;) ). What do you think?

Jitterbugdoll, these pics are absolutely amazing!! They are so stunning and beautiful. They are really the most!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran