Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Mudinyereye,

What it comes down to is that there is a time and place for everything, and some of us who are more than old enough to know better apparently have not figured this out.

It's perfectly all right to have your fun, but consider the audience and adjust your vocabulary accordingly.

That's not being prudish, it's called having good taste--which makes perfect sense considering this website glorifies the 1920s-50s, eras which reeked of both glamour and class.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Just having a little fun....

JBD...you're correct of course, but consider this...duing the era we love to glorify, men were men and women were women. A complement was just that, a complement. No harm, no fowl.

Pin Up Art was a fact of life back then too...there's tasteful art, then there is not. Clothes on, I like. Well for that matter, clothes off I like too, maybe too much but that is why I stay away from it, but...well you know what I mean.

A little more OT, but what the heck...I for one would love women to take a complement for what it's worth and not think there's a hidden agenda. I would love to see men acting like men and not sniveling, sensitive, little sissies. Gents don't have to be Neanderthals to be men, however.

Oh yeah, as soon as I get a digital camera Im gonna get some photos of myself and maybe my lovely bride and post. I don't have anythinge vintage but I have some modern stuff that is real close. So keep an eye out in the funny pages...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Bob,

Cat-calling and wolf-howling is all in good fun, regardless of era.

However, a lady knows to responds to such comments on a forum like this one with a simple 'thank you and a blush'--and nothing more.

Plenty of women and men ?¢‚ǨÀúgot around?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ in every era. But once upon a time, they knew that part of the fun, part of the allure, was with what went unsaid.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Let's get back on track. I don't have any new pics of my suits but check this out...

vec1088a.jpg

Now that is a rare piece. She's asking $375 for it. Too rich for my blood. Beautiful piece though.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I agree entirely with Jitterbugdoll. Perhaps if we are to show G-rated ONLY pin up art another thread should be started for that purpose. The purpose of this thread is to show our vintage clothing. Many of us put hours of thought and searching into our wardrobes, and this is a thread to show the results of our hard (but fun) work. I appreciate classic pin up style as well, but it is possible to show pin up art that need not drive male members of this board crazy.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I'd just like to say that when I see beauty, I respond - regardless of whether it's a great lid, a superbly tailored vintage suit, a fetching smile, a magnificently restored classic car, an awe-inspiring sunset, or an incredible pair of legs. If my comments offended anyone, my apologies only to those who took offense. I think that there's room enough on this board to appreciate everyone's contribution within the parameters that have been set.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm thinking we should segregate the pinup art from the people showing off their vintage clothing. In many cases they are the same though in alot of pics I am seeing it is many who just want to show their pinup poses rather than their attire -- all well and good though they are two different subjects.

shamus

Suspended
Daniel

I just saw that jacket in Riffraff. The tuna packing owner had one very, very similar... Anyone else see that?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Dan, THAT COAT IS SUPER! If it fits you, and you could find some way to maybe trade or sell something to get that suit, IT'S WORTH IT! Chances are, you'll never find another... EVER!

I started this whole thing about the tasteful and not so tasteful stuff. If you want to call me an old fashioned classic square, by all means I consider it the highest complement! A square is solid and is unmovable. :)

Bob, I know you do what you do is just in fun and I really enjoy the Tex Avery images! Those were some funny cartoons!

Lauren that is exactly what I was thinking! Well said friend!

Ok all that aside on with the show!

Root.

MissTayva

Hey everyone,
I am supposedly the one who posted the offending photo. MK privately messaged me, saying nudity was not allowed around here. I don't recall posting any nude shots... in fact, I don't do nude shots!
I also understand that this is a thread to post photos in vintage clothing. I was doing just that-- all of the garments I am wearing in the photos are vintage. I'm not just trying to show off my pin-ups... that's the reason I have a website.

Scratching my head,
Tayva

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Well,I went ahead and deleted my pinups.Sorry,for any offensive material.
However,the rebel in me is keeping the headshot up,there is at least a peek of a vintage collar in it.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Forgot to mention,I do love that suit.
I just need to take my husband shopping,it's time for us both to restock.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, personally I wasn't offended by anyone's photos, including the one that was removed. However, I found that one person's choice words were particularly tasteless--and I am not referring to any of the wolf howls.

I think tasteful pinups are fine, especially since they are one means of showing off our vintage clothing. But I suppose if some of us cannot keep the conversations that follow such photo postings clean, then we must all suffer the repercussions.

By the way, the fabric of that suit is divine.

MissTayva

Okay, retract my last post...

I was over here scratching my head... "Nudity?" I kept thinking...

I looked through the photos I have from this past weekend, and yeah, there was nudity in one! I have a couple of collages from studio outtakes that the photographer sent me... truthfully, I didn't even notice any nudity, or give posting them any second thought.

For that, I apologize immensely! Even though I wasn't the one not wearing any clothing, hehe. I feel terrible about it, as it seems to have caused a ruckus.
Can we all forget it happened, folks? I don't think all of this should deter any of you gals out there from posting your photos. All of the ones I have seen are fabulous... I enjoy seeing the poses, and especially, the lovely vintage outfits! ;-)

Daniel-- that suit jacket is fabulous! I have a particular weakness for flecked wool!. I was lucky enough to find a nice vintage black w/ pink flecked wool coat... that matches one of my husband's sport coats exactly!

Wild Root

Gone Home
MissTayva...

Yes, it wasn't a photo of you I saw that was questionable; it was some of the ones of other models that you posted were a little much. I have to say that the photos of you with your friend in the 48 Chevy were on par with the thread. Say, who's car is that any way?

Carry on!

Root.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I love looking at everyone elses pics.It always gives me ideas.
I don't think my pics are up to parr and I'd like to get something better to show off eventually.
Besides,I have not received one catcall and I feel left out,humph!LOL!

The one thing I have noticed about this site is that disagreements are always handled with grace and dignity.It says alot when everyone can view 2 sides of a coin.
It's why I keep coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy