Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage pre-sixties 7 1/4 Restistol Ecuadorian Panama Hat!

fletch31

Familiar Face
***Edit: This was made before Hat Co. bought Resistol in the sixties. It may have been made in the early sixties not pre sixties like the title says***

Man, I just won this natural toned beauty on OFAS and it just arrived today. I wanted so badly to have this hat work out for me but it just doesn't. Nothing wrong with the hat at all I just have a freak shaped head and narrow face. I have as much flesh and meat above my eyebrows as I do below so most hats sit too high on my head because the crown of my head bottoms out. Its because of my german genes. The brim is the right width for me but the crease is too shallow for my five miles of forehead and conehead and I don't want to mess with it. You can wet and shape it how you like.
Secondly I have moved to North East Idaho from California in the last 4 months and a panama hat is just not going to be practical for this climate. We have snow until June off and on and only about a month and a half of warmer weather before these hellish winters start up again. I have never had a panama before and was real excited to get this one, its just not the time for me to wear one at this stage in my life and I think I will need to get a deep porkpie bash when I do to conceal my noggin.

Anyway, this hat still has the tags and comes with the original box. The box won't win any beauty contests but it is still solid and protects the hat nicely. Its not really in bad shape just not hat box collector level condition. The weave is nice and tight with no cracks and the sweatband is nice and supple with no fading. It says Resistol Self Conforming Ecuadorian Panama on once side of the sweat and the opposite side has 3 gold stamped initials with the model name of "Lion". I don't think you will find a nicer commercial panama out there. Truthfully, I sniped it for less but since I am a devout capitalist, I will sell it for $85 shipped. It sold for $25.00 in the early sixties according to the tag on the underside of the sweatband. I have some good pics of it and closeup of the weave for you. No hidden issues. Its just a nice vintage panama. Paypal works for me. Just PM me for the info.
Fletch31

DSC_1152.jpg

DSC_1156.jpg

DSC_1157.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran