Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Public Restrooms

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
Bimbo's

I didn't realize that. I was always told it came from Bimbo's 365, so I just took it at face value. Just proves you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Actually, we only went to Bimbo's a few times since it was never that much fun and there were better places to go. Until the whole SF scene started falling apart a few years ago and in 1989 we just gave it up and moved to the Berkeley Hills, where there was no scene at all.

Bill

zeus36

A-List Customer
Back in the 1984, I walked into a Navy building from the late 40's at the base I was working on. The urinals did not hang on the wall, but sat on the floor. They looked like three-foot high long skinny bath tubs tapered into a funnel shape from the top to bottom and flaring out from the point you stood at to the rear of the basin. There were six of these things sitting side by side and they took up half of the restroom. Possiblily made by CRANE or AMERICAN STANDARD.
They were high volume flushing units as there was alot of surface area to rinse.

I'm sure that the building has been demolished since then.

As to films:
Check out the girl's bathroom sequence in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where they find the secret entrace. Quite Victorian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart