Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage raincoats

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I like raincoats, but what I like even better are rain boots! I was looking for my dream pair and stumbled upon the following:

50sRubberAnkleRainBootsBlackVelorSize6.jpg

50s rubber boots velour with heel

Vtg60sElfOliveRubberAnkleBootsRainBootieswBag.jpg

60s olive elf rain booties

For a while I thought I'd found my dream boots, but since they were designer-made they were too expensive:
Vivienne-Westwood-White-Bow-Ankle-Boots.jpg

with bows!

vivienne-westwood-melissa-red.jpg

red!
Modern (but obviously 60s inspired) Vivienne Westwood + Melissa Anglomania ankle boots

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I don't like old galoshes, I don't want much of a heel, and I don't like huge modern rubber boots. I like the sleek, pointy booties from the sixties, that are pretty to wear even when the rain stops.

Finally, I found the wellies my dreams are made of:

60sDoveGreyShortRainBootsbrookline2.jpg

60sDoveGreyShortRainBootsbrookline.jpg

60s dove grey rain boots

...and we lived happily ever after.

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^I also have a see-through 60s rain cape with polka dots to match!

Some rainy day inspiration from Elsa and Jayne:

elsabillgrenumbrella.jpg

elsasgummistvlar.jpg

jaynerainpekinese.jpg

What do you ladies wear when it rains? Please post pics!

Last edited:

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
I've been looking like crazy for a good vintage or even retro raincoat but I'm too picky :(
And ever since I saw Elsa Billgren's Blue coat I've wanted one with a twirly skirt atached :p
Ohhhh the frustration

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I searched for vintage raincoats on the internet a while ago and learned that it's a major fetish object! Let's just say I found some rather ... interesting websites lol

Quoting an old post, but I was going to say this as well! Also, the UK has all the cute 40s style rainwear.I'm hoping to buy a transparent one soon, I'm just annoyed as heck that the one I found is so 40s until you get to the Velcro-type closure belt. Ugh. That wasn't in commercial production til the 50s. But... I might get it anyway. I love the practicality of the transparent jelly hooded coat. I'd wear it over a regular coat and fold it up for tucking into a stroller or toddler bag. Work/kid safe picture on this site.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Today was the last straw. In this most crappy of British summers, I've decided that I'm sick of getting to places soaking wet and that I must try to find some stylish rain gear.

By sheer coincidence I found these which so remind me of those posted earlier in this thread by Cherrylips and at less than 1/3 of the price (plus an £8 voucher off of that :eek:):

http://www.hobsonshoes.co.uk/Product-7188-Mel Side Bow Detail Ladies Short Boot

I've ordered the black ones!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner