Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage/retro posters/Prints

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
clipper_poster2.JPG

This is a poster/print that I just got for my office. The photo doesn't come close to doing it justice. I really like this artist. His name is Michael L. Kungl. He has few poster lister without the "L" too. I was really impressed at the high quality paper and printing of his posters.

If you go to http://www.allposters.com and click on vintage images you will find a lot of wonderful posters.

Enjoy!

P.S.
Thanks to DocIndyJones for turning me onto them.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Great Poster

You just ended up ordering the print? It looks really amazing in the office... and I will be by to steal that table from you while your sleeping...lol.

-Doc

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
MK... GMTA...

(Great Minds Think Alike)... I am awestruck by Kungl and his prints/posters. In fact, I was enamored with EXACTLY the same one that you have shown in the photo of your office. Here are the ones I like the most:

Transport:

EuroFrance.jpg
Clipper.jpg

Booze & Cigars:

Lemon.jpg
FatCity.jpg

Buildings:

MetroDu.jpg
Futur.jpg

For more about this artist, see his Web site: www.mkungl.com

Most of the posters run $40 (Kugl will autograph them if you order from him rather than one of the online poster guys). He also sells limited edition prints of many of these.

ZF

Feraud

Bartender
A very excellent print! It fits perfectly in your office.

Slightly off topic but.. Mk, what is the surface of the walls in your office? Is that wallpaper or textured paint? It looks very interesting..

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since everyone love images of all kinds here is a free wallpaper/screensaver that will categorize and store your pix- www.webshots.com. Those posters will enlarge to full screen size nicely for those that download them.
;)

The D.A.

Familiar Face
The poster that I have is the one on the left. I got it (framed) about eight years ago on clearance at The Bombay Company. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do the print justice--the colors are actually much richer.

Too bad about the one on the right. Just my luck that it'd be unavailable.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting Purvis' work

Purvis' prints are just my style.
Even the typography is interesting while still being easily read.
I have got to get something by him.

The Wolf

The D.A.

Familiar Face
I just found the other Austin Reed's poster at Allposters.com. If you search for "Tom Purvis" it will come right up, along with some of his travel posters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart