Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage roadside

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Jerry's, times two.

91c75899aca3966b41b64684cb633198.jpg

Rob
8c6427beeabcc794df7ec883e1843283.jpg

3fingers

One Too Many
"Cold Tonic" -- somewhere in Eastern Massachussets.
Thanks. I was wondering what area that one came from. I usually draw strange expressions when I say soda here. This is a pop area. I personally agree with Lewis Grizzard, if anything it should be called whoosh since that's the sound it makes when you open the bottle.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Peanuts...get yer peanuts!"
cdd4800359a4255fc8e89aea9fdc822e.jpg

Rob

Having researched a bit. I'm pretty sure this is the Planters stand that used to be in Peabody, one of the suburban towns outside Boston. And if it is, that giant Mr. Peanut came to a sad end -- after the peanut stand closed, the site was turned into a sleazy roadside bar/strip club, with Mr. Peanut forced to demean himself as its pitchman.

3624d558379522cce68f55973abc7b31--fort-smith-arkansas-arkansas-usa.jpg

An American tragedy. Dreiser couldn't have written it worse.

3fingers

One Too Many
And after looking through all the craft stores, there's a well-located Dairy Queen.
I haven't been for several years, but there was a McDonald's in New Salem state park outside Springfield, Illinois. New Salem was a little town where Abraham Lincoln got started in Illinois. It was abandoned until the state took it over and fixed it up. It didn't look like a McDonald's on the outside, but did on the inside. No word on who got bribed to allow that to happen.

I haven't been for several years, but there was a McDonald's in New Salem state park outside Springfield, Illinois. New Salem was a little town where Abraham Lincoln got started in Illinois. It was abandoned until the state took it over and fixed it up. It didn't look like a McDonald's on the outside, but did on the inside. No word on who got bribed to allow that to happen.
Actually, there are a number of McDonald's restaurants around the world that don't look particularly like McDonald's restaurants--several of them right here in the U.S.--except for a sign somewhere on the buildings that either say "McDonald's" or are their trademark "golden arches" logo. Except for Sedona, Arizona, where the "golden" arches are turquoise.

The free OJ will also be a nice welcome for Kirk, Spock and McCoy when they beam down as that looks like very '60s Star Trek architecture. I believe they visited several "Class M" planets that looked like that.

My wife's Grandfather was the general contractor on the library at Evangel University here in town. He often griped about the complexity of building those hyperbolic-paraboloids (or whatever they're called).

Evangel_Library.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112