Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage roadside

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Albany, NY.

90249849_3840329629340799_6892953499651276800_n.jpg

90064492_3840329696007459_4562279051116412928_n.jpg
I think it's fantastic to see the old neighborhood ice cream stand still in operation. We have one down on the corner called Ranch Frostie's, and it's going on three generations of owners now, and employees local teens serving ice cream and hot dogs every summer. It will be a dark day in this town the day it goes out of business.

3fingers

One Too Many
That's a really, really good station and bus. The station's Art Deco lines are beautiful and impressive for what is, at least I'm guessing, a reasonably small town.
It's not very big comparatively. Maybe 3000 or so now. It is also the epicenter of the earthquakes from a couple hundred years ago and the namesake of the fault that we're told is waiting to shake us all to perdition. I have been working off and on for several years on our emergency response to that event. It's mostly for the entertainment of my superiors, since if it is even a fraction of what has been forecast we are screwed.

Halfway bus station between Memphis and St. Louis, New Madrid, Missouri. 1938. Russell Lee, 1903-1986, photographer.

View attachment 225927

Similar streamline moderne Greyhound station, but in a smaller scale, still standing in Olympia. Wash. Buses still pick up and drop off passengers there, but the interior is usually unstaffed and locked up. Passengers buy tickets online these days.

Last edited:
Okay, regarding the special "6 hamburgers and gallon drink," what's that really about?

Are they like sliders and the special is for one person or is the special targeting families or is it something else (take home)?

First, I must correct you. It's "hambergers," just look at the sign!

I assumed it was six burgers (er, bergers) and a gallon of soft drink to take home. Full-sized, as a burger was generally all of a quarter back then in many places. I don't think this place has a dine in option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ