Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Schott “I S 674 M S Bomber Jacket

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
Could use some help about what year my jacket was made and type leather used. The Leather is in Mint Condition.

Attachments

• IMG_5364.jpeg
    IMG_5364.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5363.jpeg
    IMG_5363.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5362.jpeg
    IMG_5362.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5359.jpeg
    IMG_5359.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5357.jpeg
    IMG_5357.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5356.jpeg
    IMG_5356.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5358.jpeg
    IMG_5358.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5360.jpeg
    IMG_5360.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
Thank You Very Helpful info. I thought so because back around 1972–74 when I was in High School I went to Delancy St. in NYC and bought a new One. That’s when Schott was still located in NYC. I wore it every cold day for 8 years till it fell apart. The Leather is still very stiff and heavy in this jacket. Schott can’t get this leather anymore I bet the suppliers they used in USA went out of business. Most of their leather is out sourced out of USA.
Thank You for Your Great Info.
As for Gail she was the Best always responded to your questions. So Sad She Passed on.
Schott never replaced her on their Forum to help get answers.

Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
You are welcome. I recently decided I needed an A-2/G-1 style jacket. I own several Schott naked cowhide jackets so naturally wanted to find one in this leather. Found and purchased a Schott 174G built early 2000’s, beautiful in every way but too short in the body. I know this style is worn short but I am 6’1 and sadly does not work . Picture attached.

IMG_0193.jpeg

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
That luxurious naked cowhide, same leather as my Schott 141 and 118. Does it have an Arrow? Or Leathercraft care tag?
Hi
Great Idea to check the Label. It’s LeatherCraft. What does it tell you? Is the 5th Digit mean 2001 or 2011?
Yes I had at one time bought a New Style 118 around the year 2011. The Leather was so nice like this leather. Love the Dark Brown Color of this jacket. After my 1973 Schott Bomber that I wore for 8 years in the cold weather and fell apart. I went and bought a 1980’s Schott Bomber it was nothing like the first one. Removable Liner and Fur Collar. The Leather was not as Firm. Must of been Cowhide.

Viking752

Practically Family
A little rusty on the Schott timeline with their labels. Was trying to find a better answer for you, for example I have a 141 dated with a 5 and Leather Craft label. I believe I determined it was a 2005 based on what I read on the Schott forum. With some research I believe you will find they switched from a Leather craft label to Arrow label on the more recent jackets. To confuse things,I know for sure my 118 is a 2019 model year and it does not have any care label.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
A little rusty on the Schott timeline with their labels. Was trying to find a better answer for you, for example I have a 141 dated with a 5 and Leather Craft label. I believe I determined it was a 2005 based on what I read on the Schott forum. With some research I believe you will find they switched from a Leather craft label to Arrow label on the more recent jackets. To confuse things,I know for sure my 118 is a 2019 model year and it does not have any care label.
Hi
Thank You for looking to help me.
I think I am going to send a EMail over to Jerri at Schott see if she can help. Don’t really matter but if it’s a 2001 Model it’s been around all these years with all the original Tags. I’ll let you know if she responds later in the week.
Have a Great 4th of July.

Viking752

Practically Family
Hi
Thats Great Work! You found it on SCHOTT’S Forum. So 2001 that’s Ok. Still New Never Worn not even dirty or dusty. Leather not dried up. I might just lightly wipe down with Bick 4 not sure yet.
Thank You So Much.
Peter
Just bought this new old stock Schott 184sm in 52 on eBay. Maybe the same seller as yours? based on my research after the fact it may be from the 90’s. With tags.
IMG_0323.jpeg

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Just bought this new old stock Schott 184sm in 52 on eBay. Maybe the same seller as yours? based on my research after the fact it may be from the 90’s. With tags.
View attachment 533822
Hi
I saw your jacket listed on E Bay. I bought mine on Poshmark. I think the seller only had one to sell. My Jacker was made in 2011. Schott uses the best leather.
Do you find the Tag in the pocket? Congratulations now we just need cold weather.

Attachments

• IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
Hi
I saw your jacket listed on E Bay. I bought mine on Poshmark. I think the seller only had one to sell. My was made in 2011. Schott uses the best leather.
Do you find the Tag in the pocket? Congratulations now we just need cold weather.
It will arrive next week So I can do a full forensic analysis.

Viking752

Practically Family
Great Looking forward to find out more about your jacket.
It arrived and is indeed new with tags. After much research I have aged my jacket at 1993. The jacket still smells new and you probably could not tell it was not newly built. It’s 30 years old and trying to wrap my mind around that fact. Reached out to seller and she stated her husband bought out inventory from a retailer that had shut down a few years back in NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner