Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Shoes

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I had a great time meeting the most lovely, Trickeration, although I had been shopping for ages and she and her husband had just arrived, leading to us chatting for a while, but with my feet aching and so forth, we didn't do much else past chatting while walking for a bit.

What did I buy? hmmm a bulk group of 8 various fountain pens, none really valuable, but all very pretty to look at.

A copy of 'The New Art of Simplified Cooking' from the kitchens of the General Electric Institute. Published in 1940, it features a 2 page expose on all the new labor saving devices that can now be used to make food.

A battered copy of "When You Entertain; What to do and how" written in 1932 and published by the Coca Cola company, which features the host of a radio show for homemakers and her take on manners and so forth. Very very fun to read.

Denise...who must remember that even with a parasol, she needs sunscreen....ouch

Trickeration

Practically Family
It was great to meet Miss Neecerie. Though we were indeed late (my husband was on duty in Santa Barbara the night before and got home late). Our visit was kind of short, but we still got to dig into some great vinatge jewelery together as we walked and talked. We're hoping to set up something else where more of the lounge girls (and guys) can meet and hang out sometime.

My husband and I only went through a couple more aisles after leaving Miss Neecerie. We ran into Ashley from Big Sandy's band and had a short chat, and just before leaving I found a great rhinestone shoe clip (with no mate) that I plan to convert to a hairpiece or brooch.

Trix...who ran out of the house without her parasol or her sunscreen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24