Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage short wool jackets

AHP91

Practically Family
You’ve been watching my Instagram stories, haven’t you? Not everybody has the time and money to send stuff to a pro all the time. Btw, you’re missing a period on the last sentence. :cool:

I’m saying it’s a beautiful garment and is worth big money. Surely worthy to have it done by someone who does it for a living

Nacho

Practically Family
I’m saying it’s a beautiful garment and is worth big money. Surely worthy to have it done by someone who does it for a living

Thanks for your compliment and concern.

My local tailor would charge $50 for each little holes. That will add up quick if you have many. And I don’t want to send it over to the States unless it’s something major. Again, it costs money and time to ship back and forth. Not to mention other unforeseen incidents and costs. I also have to pay it in USD, which is way stronger than CAD. So I end up paying a boatload of money that is almost half the price of the jacket for some tiny holes that I can do it myself. That makes no sense to me.

My work isn’t professional, but it’s decent enough to look at. I’m also not a perfectionist and like a little disorder or deviation here and there. Anti-fragile, no?

AHP91

Practically Family
Thanks for your compliment and concern.

My local tailor would charge $50 for each little holes. That will add up quick if you have many. And I don’t want to send it over to the States unless it’s something major. Again, it costs money and time to ship back and forth. Not to mention other unforeseen incidents and costs. I also have to pay it in USD, which is way stronger than CAD. So I end up paying a boatload of money that is almost half the price of the jacket for some tiny holes that I can do it myself. That makes no sense to me.

My work isn’t professional, but it’s decent enough to look at. I’m also not a perfectionist and like a little disorder or deviation here and there. Anti-fragile, no?

"Each" is a singular determiner, and should be paired with the singular noun "hole". Making sure to include a period for you - good luck

Nacho

Practically Family
"Each" is a singular determiner, and should be paired with the singular noun "hole". Making sure to include a period for you - good luck

Lol.

Look buddy, it’s hard to tell people’s intention over text, especially on the Internet. If what you’ve said earlier came from a good place, then I appreciate it. It’s all good. No hard feeling.

Otherwise, good luck to you too lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy