Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Thank you. Wore fedora for first time in life with business suit to work. A bit nervous at first but overall very happy with hat and experience. For those hesitating to buy or wear a hat just take that step and do it. It took me 50 years to get one and I'm glad I did.

Looks like you've been bashing lids forever... PERFECT, sir!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you. Wore fedora for first time in life with business suit to work. A bit nervous at first but overall very happy with hat and experience. For those hesitating to buy or wear a hat just take that step and do it. It took me 50 years to get one and I'm glad I did.

You'll be buying more soon...that "hat bug" has bitten you real deep! Haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
1020s?

petasos1.jpg

That is actually a priceless picture!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I posted in the Hall of Fame thread, wanted it here as well. My first Work of Art came Saturday, and I'm thrilled. Silvermist with burgundy ribbon, bow with highlights of navy and silvermist. Color me thrilled. I've been wearing it around the house and trying on shirts that go with it.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Hi Art,

I just noticed the Vintage Silhouettes sweatband in my vintage Mac Lachlan.

It's a 7 1/2 that fits like a snug 7 3/8. Even so, it's one of my favorites.

Does it look familiar? Maybe you replaced the sweatband at some point in its history?

The imprint on the band is all compressed and "faded" and hard as heck to photograph.

dv
greenhat.jpg
greenhat2.jpg
greenhatinside.jpg
greenhatsweatband.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Boy, that's an early renovation David. Somewhere around 2004 or 5. As far as memory, I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast let alone several thousand hats ago ( senior moments are abundant) . I'm sorry, but you have the proof right there. I moved from Rodeo in 2005 but used those sweats for a while after
Enjoy Sir!!!

emigran

Practically Family
Probably shouldn't tell ya this... that in each sweatband it is rumored there is an implant of an exotic micro-herbal concentrate concoction from the deep jungles of Madagascar. The micro herb is used to soften the sweatband...AND... that, when mixed with one's perspiration, after a few months causes the human brain to start hearing tiny voices... imperceptible at first but the voice gets louder and louder ... I NEED ANOTHER... I MUST HAVE ONE NOW TO MATCH MY "_________"
It has happened to me ten times... The voices. the voices...
Unfortunately science has no known cure...but it makes for really grreat sweatbands, eh...?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points