Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Called Art the other day and asked if he had any 7 1/4 Panamas left. So now I have one more hat from Vintage Silhouettes. This makes number 10 for straw hats from Art.
Crown: 4 3/8" front, 3 1/2" back
Brim: 2 1/2"
Ribbon: 1 3/8" dark olive

View attachment 206822 View attachment 206823 View attachment 206824 View attachment 206825 View attachment 206826 View attachment 206827 View attachment 206829 View attachment 206831 View attachment 206832
love the dark olive ribbon work.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Super hats!!!

I was lucky enough to get an order in from Art a couple of weeks before he closed orders. I got my dad one for his birthday and decided that I finally had to get one for myself before it was too late. This is what resulted. The felt is chocolate brown 100% beaver and the ribbon is a thin copper one as I don't go for the traditiona fedora look and prefer a more Western vibe, even for a hat like this one. This is my first dress weight hat and my first custom measured hat and I am thrilled with it. I am amazed at how comfortable it is. The felt feels much softer and lustrous than my two western weight hats. Art and I talked and I gave him some specific guidance, but did not dictate everything to him and I think he did an incredible job of balancing what I wanted with his own magic. @Art Fawcett thank you so much for this beautiful hat. It is my favorite hat of any kind that I own and I will treasure it forever.

And now, here are too many pics:
NIvMOWM.jpg

BieibKy.jpg

6ANMuig.jpg

LK890AD.jpg

RawGyTG.jpg

yQNTFFQ.jpg

HNSvrc8.jpg

Called Art the other day and asked if he had any 7 1/4 Panamas left. So now I have one more hat from Vintage Silhouettes. This makes number 10 for straw hats from Art.
Crown: 4 3/8" front, 3 1/2" back
Brim: 2 1/2"
Ribbon: 1 3/8" dark olive

View attachment 206822 View attachment 206823 View attachment 206824 View attachment 206825 View attachment 206826 View attachment 206827 View attachment 206829 View attachment 206831 View attachment 206832

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Dang Dude, your jackets make the hat well, pedestrian. I'm glad you are pleased, thank you for posting
I think it's more that they compliment each other well and elevate each other :) It's a wonderful hat and makes my jackets look even better! Thank you again.

Beautiful combination of colours and I love the thinner ribbon work.

Thanks! Even with the thinner ribbon, ARt was still able to work his ribbon magic and make it look unique.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
At this point the answer to both questions is YES!!! We are planning for him to stay here and will have all of my client files so if you've ordered in the past, no conformer will be needed.
Do you know roughly when we can start ordering from him? I love my hat from you Art and the custom fit really makes a difference. I have another hat in mind and my first choice would be to get it from David.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Well Guys, it's official. David now owns VS Custom hats, in the same location, same 800 number, same website with his pic instead of mine. I'm very proud of his work and know he will treat everyone right. Today, I worked on my last hat repair and handed over my apron. David intends to put a shadow box together in the shop commemorating my work which I think is pretty special. My equipment has been sold in most part and will be headed to the southeast on Saturday to its new home. Most of my blocks are gone, about 20% of my ribbon is gone and negotiating on the balance. There are still things up in the air but it's getting very close now. I'm both excited and filled with doubt. What a mix of emotions.

Well Guys, it's official. David now owns VS Custom hats, in the same location, same 800 number, same website with his pic instead of mine. I'm very proud of his work and know he will treat everyone right. Today, I worked on my last hat repair and handed over my apron. David intends to put a shadow box together in the shop commemorating my work which I think is pretty special. My equipment has been sold in most part and will be headed to the southeast on Saturday to its new home. Most of my blocks are gone, about 20% of my ribbon is gone and negotiating on the balance. There are still things up in the air but it's getting very close now. I'm both excited and filled with doubt. What a mix of emotions.
I wear your work with pride and think of you kindly each time I place it on my head. Enjoy your next phase...God speed!

Rumad

One Too Many
Congrats to you both sir, and I wish you the best of luck and happiness for many years to come. My Art hats are prized possessions and will be with me until the very end, that I promise you.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I don’t know you Art. We’ve never met. I have, however, talked to you a few times on the phone. We chatted briefly each time, you took my orders and I am proud to say that I own three very special and unique VS hats. I am very thankful to you for each one of them.

I don’t know you, Art, but I know something about the person who is Art Fawcett. I know you by your dedication to hats and by a set of skills that shows something of the man behind the hats. To craft hats as you do, it is obvious that you are patient and you are detail oriented. You do things right and you do them the right way. It is also obvious that you are a lifelong learner. You did not get to your level of skill by doing the same things over and over. Experience counts for a lot, that is true, but it takes someone who wants to know more and wants to learn more to become a true master. You “own” your hats, Art, and I think, above all else, that is what makes them…and you… very special. You are a master craftsman not because we the customers want you to be, but because you want to be. You build hats to the highest standards not because we want you to, but because you want to. That’s ownership and that’s why your hats mean so much to us. Because you took time to create something of your own hands for us, your hats mean a lot more than just the felt and the thread and the ribbon. You have shared some of yourself with each of us through your hats, Art, and for that we will always be grateful.

Finally, and with no real authority but with a heart full of thanks and admiration, as a representative of Comanche and Hamilton counties, Texas, we say to you, “You have done well, Art Fawcett, and we are proud to call you one of our own”.

We will miss your hats but don’t be a stranger to the Lounge. Your hat making days may be over but we expect you to post the hats you are wearing for many years to come! Have a great and happy retirement, Art.

Sincerely,

Randy McCamey

G4.jpg

Attachments

• G5.jpg
    G5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,235

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points