Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
One of the reasons that The Fedora Lounge is the chief and best place on the internet to find out anything and everything about headwear, both vintage and modern, is Art Fawcett. Art has been here from the beginning, learning with us, then teaching, and providing some of the very best custom hats to be had anywhere.

We are very pleased to announce that Art Fawcett of VS Custom Hats is our first Sponsoring Affiliate of the Hats section. VS Custom Hats has proven to be one of the world's premier hatters when it comes to having the best felts, innovative designs, and classic styles. Now members of The Fedora Lounge will have the opportunity to talk with Art first-hand to get specific information and advice. We all know Art is a longtime member and contributor to the Lounge, with nearly 1.2 million views to the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread. Now we'll have the opportunity to share our experiences and engage with Art directly.

Please welcome Art Fawcett and VS Custom Hats as our newest Sponsoring Affiliate.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Help!!!
As the first Sponsoring Affiliate of the hat section I thought this would be a good way to introduce the new VS line I'm calling "Modern Times". The hats here are a departure from the traditional hats I'm known for although the quality level is the same, just the styling is updated. In past conversations here on the Lounge we talked about naming the hats for famous and not so famous streets and in fact have named a few after clients served and they will be coming out soon. As for now, I've named the first few but will be asking you all for ideas based on the styling of the hat. Here are the first few

"University Ave."

Dove
5 1/4" crown
2" brim
bound in 6 ligne "Glen"
Crown ribbon 19 ligne "University Blue"
Diamond crease

IMG_0716-vi.jpg IMG_0717-vi.jpg

"Kid row"

Oxblood
5" crown
2 1/4" brim ( raw)
19 ligne Burgundy crown ribbon
Modified Pork Pie crease

IMG_0718_1-vi.jpg IMG_0719-vi.jpg

Here is one whose name may change, for now it's

"State" NEW NAME "St. Charles"

Midnite
5 1/2 crown
2 1/4 brim raw
crown ribbon 19 ligne "Dark Navy"

IMG_0722-vi.jpg IMG_0723-vi.jpg

"Reggie J. Way"

Sunset
5 1/4 crown
1 7/8 brim (raw)
16 ligne "Dark Commando"

IMG_0724-vi.jpg IMG_0725-vi.jpg

OK here is where we start having fun, give me a name Guys

" No Name"

Sahara
6" crown
2 1/4" brim raw
16 ligne french brown double bow
Center dent with pinches
IMG_0740-vi.jpg IMG_0739-vi.jpg

"no name"

Mojave
5 1/2 crown
2" brim raw
12 ligne crown ribbon in dark navy w "dog eared " pleats
center dent

IMG_0742-vi.jpg IMG_0743-vi.jpg

#3 "no name" NEW NAME "The Boulevard"

Sunset
5 3/4 crown
2 1/4 brim raw
16 ligne muted green with pleats

IMG_0761-vi.jpg IMG_0762-vi.jpg

I have many more coming Gents but lets get these named before getting too deep.

Now for the incentives

Any felt hat order in the month of May will be discounted to Lounge members by $50 for Joey quality , $75 Century quality and $150 on Legacy quality. That makes finished hats $225, $310, and $999 respectively.

Thank you for helping with this venture

Last edited:

OT1899

Familiar Face
Wow ... These are way cool...! To get it started, I'm thinking of New Orleans. For the Mojave, how about "Tchoupitoulas" (pronounced "CHOP it too lass") and for the sunset, how about "Carondelet"? Also, on that midnite one, "St. Charles Avenue" would be a nice smooth alternative.

Other thoughts?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Mojave + angled navy pleats says Desert Tide to me. (not a street, I know)
sstu04930.jpg

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Wow ... These are way cool...! To get it started, I'm thinking of New Orleans. For the Mojave, how about "Tchoupitoulas" (pronounced "CHOP it too lass") and for the sunset, how about "Carondelet"? Also, on that midnite one, "St. Charles Avenue" would be a nice smooth alternative.

Other thoughts?

I'll second the motion. Anything named after a New Orleans street would work. Some other N.O. street names--Esplanade Ave., Canal St., and of course Bourbon St.

And then for the hat in Sunset, there is that boulevard in L.A.

Nice additions, Art.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I'll second the motion. Anything named after a New Orleans street would work. Some other N.O. street names--Esplanade Ave., Canal St., and of course Bourbon St.

And then for the hat in Sunset, there is that boulevard in L.A.

Nice additions, Art.

Think you hit that one on the head g.

That no-name #3 (Sunset Blvd?) is my favorite of the bunch Art.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, really the number three hat, why not just call it "The Boulevard"?

The number two hat, "Mulholland Drive"

The number one hat, how about "Packard Way", or "Boardroom"...

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Guys, I just made some changes to the names. I don't know why Sunset Blvd didn't occur to me on the last one. Gtdean, you are right, more to come for the thin ribbon guys also. Has "Dusty road" been done?

Can do DJH, it's on the block as I write.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Sunset Strip
All nice hats
I like the tall crowns they give the illusion
To the raw brims seeming wider than they actually are.
Nice clean look.

We're all lucky to be here at the beginning of something HUGE! Congrats, Mr. Fawcett.

I agree, it seems a no-brainer for the Sunset Blvd. One done!

FWIW, at first glance of the sahara double bow configuration, I wanted to peel back the outer bow to see the lighter colored ones beneath. "Peel Street," perhaps? Am I trying too hard?
The Mojave felt, appearing very light, might be a "Great White Way?"

Again, Congrats, Art!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ