Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

LobeyDosser

New in Town
Discovered Art through stumbling upon the Fedora Lounge Hat Forum - gave him a call and asked him to create a Savannah for me. While waiting my turn, I thought I'd get an Off the Rack Chocolate, but it was out in my size. Art kindly found a Dark Moss in 7 1/8, and sent me the photo below. The Dark Moss fits great and fills the 'Green' slot previously vacant! Really glad I got to talk with Art before his retirement - what an extraordinary and kind gentleman! Cheers, Art, and all the best!

VS-Dark Moss OTR.jpg

Discovered Art through stumbling upon the Fedora Lounge Hat Forum - gave him a call and asked him to create a Savannah for me. While waiting my turn, I thought I'd get an Off the Rack Chocolate, but it was out in my size. Art kindly found a Dark Moss in 7 1/8, and sent me the photo below. The Dark Moss fits great and fills the 'Green' slot previously vacant! Really glad I got to talk with Art before his retirement - what an extraordinary and kind gentleman! Cheers, Art, and all the best!

View attachment 186094

First dark moss off the rack I’ve seen. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sorry Gentlemen but the time has arrived that I must stop taking orders. My official cutoff date will be 8/31/2019. I'm not at all sure i can finish all of your orders before the New Year but will continue to work on them until finished, perhaps in January. I want to thank everyone for what has been an overwhelming response to my retirement plans and pledge to not retire until every order has been completed.
Dang, I was hoping this was only a nightmare. I'm proud to own multiple creations made by your hands Art. Top notch work all. They are my most loved and worn hats and I thank you for all your work!

Sorry DH, with everything going on this year we developed the hat but never put it on the website. It has been only in the store as I simply haven't had the time for the extra work it takes. I was lucky to have the correct size for Lobeydosser

Art, what are the crown and brim dimensions of the dark moss? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Do you mean a Panama Jonesy?
Hey Art
I was saddened a bit with the deadline passed for another bespoke fine artistic creation from you. However I had not thought of an off the rack. I suppose I could do another Panama, or maybe a light weight felt in a color that would work on my tropical island home. As you know, I like following your suggestions. What do you have on the shelf that would work for me?
[emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As I sat in church today, my new VS mid ribbon on the pew next to me, I realized the new lid looks alot like I remember my grandfather's dress hat he wore to their 50th anniversary party when i was a young lad. Very impressed by Art's work, and how I ended up, quite unknowingly, on a path that lead me to finally own the hat I always really wanted more than any other.

Thank you again, Art, for such a grand fedora.

i-Xk4SJfR-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ