Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sleepwear

MoxieGrl

Familiar Face
Ditto on the Nick and Nora line! I love their PJs. I got a set of 100% silk pajamas off a clearance rack last year at Target. Love them! The cotton they use it absouletly sumptious too!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I am a satiny fabric addict for sleepwear. I usually order from Victoria's Secret. I usually go for a longer length (which is still above the knee there) chemise or slip in the warmer months like this...

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...3F-215325&page=1&cgname=OSSLPCHEZZZ&rfnbr=696

and their signature satin PJ's in the cooler months. It comes in so many colors and each year they change the patterns available.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...prnbr=3F-215829&cgname=OSKEYSLPZZZ&rfnbr=3335

Their flannel PJ's are comfy too!

I don't really have any vintage sleepwear other than a few long flowy satin or sheer robes I wear over a slip when just watching a movie at night kind of thing. As long as they are pretty and comfortable I am usually happy.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I love wearing babydolls to sleep when it's warm enough...I have the most comfortable one from Old Navy (someone gave me a gift certificate) that is the SOFTEST stretch cotton with little buttons down the bust and white lace trim!

In the winter, I always sacrifice style for comfort (being cold is an affront to my being). I have a pair of cotton Dracula PJ pants from the men's section of Target that I love.

I loooooove the Nick and Nora collections, but I'm only going to pounce when I can snag something off the clearance rack.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
That's the one thing I don't have any problems with, i usually sleep in a very short T-shirt, :eek: any simple cotton T-shirt will do. If it gets too,too hot in summer i wear a short cotton baby-doll.
Hope you find what you are looking for roselily! :)

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Cambridge/Robe

Does anyone know where I can find a (Non-Terry Cloth) preferrably silk robe?

OR Cambridge PJ's in several colors?

Preferably Dark navy with white trim.

Thanks!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I truly love Silky PJ's.. but I always seem to have the problem that I get static.. and then my hair is crazy in the morning from tossing and turning.. anyone have any solutions for that?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LelaViavonie said:
I truly love Silky PJ's.. but I always seem to have the problem that I get static.. and then my hair is crazy in the morning from tossing and turning.. anyone have any solutions for that?

I hate the wicked static too - and the PJ legs that ride up all night. My solution to this has been to ditch PJs altogether.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Every now and then, i will get a pair of polyester PJs for a gift, so pretty, but can't sleep in them.I always end up tossing and turning and tugging for about half an hour, and then rip them off and end up stumbling around in the dark looking for something cottonlol

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
dahliaoleander said:
Does anyone know where I can find a (Non-Terry Cloth) preferrably silk robe?

OR Cambridge PJ's in several colors?

Preferably Dark navy with white trim.

Thanks!

I think I saw some stuff like this last time I was in Dillard's.....

jessicarabbit

New in Town
Lauren said:
Yup! Look for rayon or silk ones on the content labels. Synthetics cause the most static.

and also cause one to become very flammable!

I don't have any vintage pjs but have a cotton and lace below-the-knee slip of my grandmothers that I sleep in

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Where can i find some cute baby doll PJ's? I'm in love with the kind Annette Funicello used to wear. But I'm not having much luck finding them.

Figured you ladies would know best.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Whats the sexyist vintage PJs? Cotton sheets and a vintage bedspread. Hehehe... that is my pj of choice.

But if I must.... I get vintage looking slips at the local thrift store. Cute, cheap, and not flannel. I am not a fan of flannel. I use to work at Victoria's Secret (back when there stuff was good). When women would say "its to cold to sleep in that" I would tell them to invest in a good down comforter and wear the teddy. Haaaaa.

I have a very romantic robe. It is floor lenght black velvet with a rose print burnt out. Semi sheer and warm. Go figure. But for the life of me I can't remember where I got it. I've had it forever. I think Dillards. Although I have a fun Nick and Nora sock monkey robe. Me and my crazy sock monkeys.

VivaciousLady

New in Town
Pajamas

I am dying for some cute vintage PJs! OK, probably not authentic vintage, but at least a few ideas. I loved the pajamas on the cover of that one recent "vintage" Simplicity pattern, but I really wanted cotton pajamas-- it was talking about silk and other stuff I'm not brave enough to try yet lol . (Has anyone made them? Post a pic, please!) Please share your pictures and ideas... I'd love to see them!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If you want to cheat and not sew.....

The Nick and Nora line at Target always has uber cute funky retro pj's....although they might be moving into the flannel season now, they tend to do cotton ones over the summer. This means you might score a bargain.

Nick and Nora Line at Target

depending on pricing....you can't even get fabric that cute for the price of a set on sale.....

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And I got three pairs of satin pj's at Target, for $9 each! Boy style, with piping. I would rather have lady pj's. but they are rare in 30s styles.

The Decades of Style pattern company has a really swell pj pattern too.

VivaciousLady

New in Town
Oooh, thanks for the links guys! I just may have to take a peek over at Target :)

wpt18531du2591.jpg

Just found this cute pattern on another page... I love those wide legged pajama pants!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR