Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage stingy brims for sale or trade

These hats are just taking up space around here, and I'd like them to go to a fellow Lounger who would actually wear them. I'd rather trade for another old hat or two--with a minimum brim width of 2 3/8 inches and a relatively untapered crown--than sell them outright, but I will entertain reasonable offers.

First up is a Knox, size 7 1/4, although it's a large 7 1/4, meaning it will likely fit your 7 3/8 head without much coaxing.

IMGP0717.jpg

Second is a Vauxhall, size about the same as the Knox.

IMGP0718.jpg

Third is a Stetson, a Royal Deluxe, size much like the Knox and the Vauxhall.

IMGP0719.jpg

And last is a Champ, a size 7. Way, way too tight for me, and beyond any at-home stretch job.

IMGP0720.jpg

I'd be willing to let 'em go fairly cheap if one of our younger, poorer members were interested, but again, I'd rather swap for another hat or two that I might wear. I've had three of these four lids for a number of years and, while they aren't quite my style, I have grown rather attached to them and would prefer they go to an old-hat collector than someone who would buy them just to resell them.

Am I understanding you to say, Zach, that an attempt to send me a PM failed? Huh. My message folder is under the 70 message limit. Could it be that all those photos I sent to another member's inbox (and left stored in my outbox) but me over some allotment of ones and zeroes? I'll go back and clean out some old stuff. It's past time to do that anyway.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Actually, that post was meant for both of you, but it was my inbox that was faulty for you, Tony, and I think the "no one under a certain number of posts can PM members" rule just kicked in late for you for some reason, Ken.

If any of that makes sense. :p

I was going to inquire about the Vauxhall for a friend of mine, but they said they weren't interested, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for clearing that up, Zach.
BTW, the hats are sold. I'm happy with the deal, and I trust the buyer will be, too. Thanks to all who make this resource available to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR