Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wall Street Journal Jan 25

gman41

New in Town
Has anyone seen the article in the Wall Street Journal for The weekend of January 24 and 25 edition. They have an article on hats which I have to say I am not too crazy about how the writer opened up the piece.

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
When the Bancroft family sold the WSJ it went downhill and I cancelled my long time subscription. So who really cares what the WSJ says? Especially in sartorial matters.

When the Bancroft family sold the WSJ it went downhill and I cancelled my long time subscription. So who really cares what the WSJ says? Especially in sartorial matters.

Similar to my sentiments re: Tom Wolfe's "From Bauhaus to Our House." No matter how insightful his take on certain social phenomena, the fellow just has a bad eye for design. The book tells the reader a good deal more about how Tom Wolfe's political biases influence his aesthetic sensibilities than anything about the subject matter itself.

Well, by the same token I picked up a copy of the latest GQ at the YMCA while waiting for my wife. There was a small piece in there about wider brim hats and how to wear them properly. Pharell Williams was also featured with some pics of him and hats.

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
Similar to my sentiments re: Tom Wolfe's "From Bauhaus to Our House." No matter how insightful his take on certain social phenomena, the fellow just has a bad eye for design. The book tells the reader a good deal more about how Tom Wolfe's political biases influence his aesthetic sensibilities than anything about the subject matter itself.

Hey, did you move your mother's basement with you?

gman41

New in Town
I do like the paper and get it when I get a discount offer on subscription. That being said I wonder how they allowed the phrase to get in a newspaper such as D bag in the opening paragraph. Talk about offending people, I guess it is O.K. to offend some of the people, just not the ones who speak up about it.

the article did go on to say a pro hat or a new hat wave is approaching if I digested it correctly.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Unless I read it incorrectly, the article was aimed at the female readers. Though there's common ground between the genders, all of the text was aimed at how to "pull off" the look, and ways to still be presentable after taking off the hat.

Pfft. I don't have to worry about hat hair. I don't have enough hair to worry about - period. The day I start worrying about how my wardrobe compares to what's seen on the fashion runways, or what's considered "current" in newspapers and magazines, is the day that my loved ones will know that I've become one of the pod people. I've never been considered trendy and don't expect to be considered so any time in the future. I'm just happy to be (and wear) what makes me happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic