Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Walter Co. 1947 Motorcycle Jacket?

wyogems

New in Town
Hi I have this jacket and the label reads Walter Co. 1947...Not sure its that old ...The closure zipper is a Scoville, the pocket zippers are Talon but there is a ykk zipper on it as well...May be sixties? I cant seem to work out how to post a photo ...still trying

wyogems

New in Town
DSCF1391.jpg

wyogems

New in Town
I know it is not 40s with the ykk zipper pockets but how old do you all think this is ...I have researched but have not found this company or label

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Walter 1947 may refer to a 1947 style as the jacket appears to be.
It looks like a good quality heavy bike jacket but I must agree with fellow members
that it is probably from the 80s or 90s.
All in all, you have one superb jacket though!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I am pretty sure this may be http://walter-leather.com/. I met the owner a couple of years ago during Daytona Bike Week. He had his jackets set up inside a store on Main Street. He rented space within a shop and is usually there each Bike Week (March 10 - 18th this year). I look over his jackets and they are well made but a bit exotic. They use some interesting leathers like Elk and really nice Suedes but also Horsehide for their Buco replicas. They also do some really nice looking Cafe Racers with Norton and Triumph logos in leather that are gorgeous.

The site is "Under Construction" now but has a couple of photos on it. Not bad looking stuff overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner