Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED: 1950's Western/Cowboy Hat

John Galt

Vendor
This is what I think you are really looking for based on all of the above. A true 1960's low crown cowboy hat, right brim (but no binding).

This should stretch easily to 7 1/8 at your local western store (or buy a stretcher & do it yourself).

This is a great deal on this hat at this quality, maker & price, btw. Be quick! I would probably buy it myself if I did not have a nearly identical Resistol 50. I bought a Stetson Nutria Quality from this seller a while back, and she is "good people" as they say in my hometown.

7unedysy.jpg

http://bit.ly/16lp6Qi

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

OliverTwist

New in Town
This is what I think you are really looking for based on all of the above. A true 1960's low crown cowboy hat, right brim (but no binding).

This should stretch easily to 7 1/8 at your local western store (or buy a stretcher & do it yourself).

This is a great deal on this hat at this quality, maker & price, btw. Be quick! I would probably buy it myself if I did not have a nearly identical Resistol 50. I bought a Stetson Nutria Quality from this seller a while back, and she is "good people" as they say in my hometown.

7unedysy.jpg

http://bit.ly/16lp6Qi

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Thanks, but that's too expensive for me... I really don't want to pay more than $60.

I'm looking for a lighter tan/cream colored hat (ideally even a bit lighter than the above, though it could work) so the Open Road couldn't have worked as it was a deep chocolate color.

OliverTwist

New in Town
FINALLY!!!!

I found exactly what I was looking for!!!!

This is the dreamm hat I was after:

iudu.jpg

My only question is: how difficult is it to stretch a size 7 to a size 7 1/8? Is that a realistic aim?

I'm so excited that I found this and it's really inexpensive too!!!!

Attachments

• iudu.jpg
    iudu.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 908

Monte

A-List Customer
OK. I see the look you wanted. Hiyohh, Silver!!

Yes a 7 3/8 would be a couple sizes too big for ya so stuffing would not attain the fit of a hat that you need while chasing outlaws.
As far as stretching. There is plenty on the subject here in the FL ... I personally have two hat stretchers. The new one is a hat jack brand I believe and they carry them at the local Boot Barn for around 15 or 20 bucks I think. But stretching usually takes time 'cause you want to do it gradually so as not to pop the stitches in your sweatband. Happy Halloween.

OliverTwist

New in Town
Thanks Monte!

Unfortunately I'll only have a couple of days at most from receiving the hat to have it stretched so I think I'll bring it in to a professional shop to be done. There's supposedly a great place in San Francisco called Paul's Hat Works. Hopefully they can have it stretched enough to fit within 24-48 hours.

I'm still waiting 3 more days for the auction to end so it's a tight squeeze!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112