Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Was there such thing as comfy clothes???

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
HadleyH said:
:arated:

Me too. I love these deco inspired lounging pajamas Sue Carol is wearing.

SCarol2pcsm.jpg

WANT! Wow. I bet it's wild colors of shades of green and salmon, too.
Mine would be, anyways :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I think all the clothes from the 'day were pretty comfy! At least all the ones I've made myself from vintage patterns are! What went underneath, though, is another story and I admit I don't wear ANY foundation garments.

For lounging around the house, yes, the good 'ole cotton house dress was popular.

n624014163_1581857_2506737.jpg

PJs and "lounging" attire from 1943

n624014163_1530834_7478812.jpg

The main dress in the middle is a cute "day dress." I don't know if it's officially a house dress, but everytime I wear this I feel like I should be cleaning something lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Priscilla Lane is always so darn cute.
I can vouch for the comfy-ness of vintage trousers. I've made several pairs and because they don't fit tightly, they're good for lazy days. Sometimes the high waist bugs if it's too tight, but for the most part I think they're more comforatable than modern pants.

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Some advice from my ever practical nan - buy/make a cotton housedress one or two sizes larger than your normal size (depending on how much room you want). Much more comfortable than any trackpants I've ever worn! :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I find my self more comfortable in a nice hosue dress that I do in like sweat pants or something like that. But mostly I hate to be even at home in lounge-y pant wear . hahaha.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Utter comfort? The button front house dresses are great, but I am shocked no one has mentioned 40s and 50s swirl wrap dresses! There's a whole thread about them, but I am posting from my phone, so I can't grab the link. Cute as can be, and without a doubt the vintage equivalent of sweats... Something that was meant to stay at home (and your sloppiness would be noticed if you didn't), but would work in a pinch!

I work at home, and have a set of silk/rayon blend 40s pajamas from Barbizon with a high waist and wide legs... I wear those with one if my dressing gowns or robes on days that I don't leave the house at all. Pure luxury. Oh, my most recently robe is a silky jersey, feels like a rayon blend... Quite stretchy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff