Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Way into Left Field

android

One of the Regulars
I have recently come into possession of various New York Central railroad hat badges. I have eight of them for Station Master, Conductor, Brakeman, etc....

So, Does anyone have an idea of where I can get a RR conductor hat that I can wear them on? I don't think a vintage one will do since I'll need a 7 1/2 that I can distort into the long oval shape needed by my head.

I also got the NYC uniform buttons, so I can actually put together an full uniform!

Any leads on a hat would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Andy

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up

Mycroft

One Too Many
If you can not find the suit. Where a blue or navy blue three piece suit that matches the hat. A white shirt with a black, blue or navy blue bowtie. Also, a gold pocket watch, and train whisle as the watch fob or on the chain. Finally, you can use brass bottons on the jacket and vest look nice too.

android

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the leads guys. I also found a uniform company that has something that might work. I've emailed them for details so I'll fill you in if it pans out.

I already have a Hamilton RR watch. I need to get a long chain. I am also looking into getting a conductor punch. I had forgotten about a whistle. I'll have to eBay for one of those too.

Michaelson

One Too Many
If you can find a uniform shop somewhere in a large nearby city, that sells fire department dress uniforms, you can find a new conductor's hat there, as they are also used as dress hats for some volunteer fire departments, but without any badges on the front. The style never changed. Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy