Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Way to go!

funneman

Practically Family
Congrats LizzieMaine on this new addition to the FL spotlighting a subject near and dear to my heart, Radio.

This seems to be as good a place as any to ask if there are any fans of Western Swing music, that strange combination of Country and Big Band from the 1930s?

Nothing gets me going faster than the sound of twin Texas fiddles on a bouncy little number by Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys or the swinging steel guitar with the Spade Cooley Orchestra or the Light Crust Doughboys.

Anybody else?

nightandthecity

Practically Family
major fan here.

I love (and play) a wide variety of musics, but when push comes to shove I'd have to cite WS as my favourite genre.

funneman

Practically Family
nightandthecity said:
major fan here.

I love (and play) a wide variety of musics, but when push comes to shove I'd have to cite WS as my favourite genre.

Glad to hear the style is global in it's appeal.

You might also like "Asleep at the Wheel" Ray Benson and the boys do a fine job of recreating that classic Bob Wills sound. I've had some fine conversations with Ray over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24