Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We need to PADDYize this section

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Lets get it done now please!!

Marc Chevalier said:
Suggestions aren't rude, Matt.

Folks around here seem to like the idea. Go for it. We're all behind you!

I really wish this could be done sooner than later!! Not all new people are Forum experts...

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Suggestions aren't rude, Matt.

Folks around here seem to like the idea. Go for it. We're all behind you!

I think Matt's key word was incessant pushing. I'll have to agree you're coming across very pushy and it's not very becoming. Be patient with Matt.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
1) People do have other lives and I know for fact Matt has a lot going on.
2) Who's to say he's not working on it.
3) His contributions at the lounge seem to be going unappreciated. After all, it's not like this is a paid job. We all do it because we love it, even when we have to take time to edit posts and put out fires.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Stickies

Having a bunch of stickies at the top of a forum is ok.....but it is cluttered and limited. What we need to do is add that info to The Golden Era website. That was designed to be a resource companion to this message board. There we can design nice layouts for information that never will be outdated. Galleries, how-to articles and other information should be there. If you guys will collect the pieces of the puzzle and give it to Matt, I will have my staff make it happen.

The Golden Era.net awaits your contribution.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
That's an excellent option. The key, I guess, is to make the link to "The Golden Era" very easily seen on the Fedora Lounge screen. I realize that right now, this isn't necessary, since The Golden Era is still a work in progress. But as soon as it's filled up with information and photos, it should be made easy to find for anyone entering The Fedora Lounge. :)

On Monday afternoon, I will gather what info I have and pass it on to Matt. Get ready for a load of pics, Deckard! lol

RedPop4

One Too Many
Stickies are good. However too many make it difficult to read the new threads and posts. sometimes.

On the board I moderate, it's a real balancing act over what stickies to leave, and when to unstick topics that had outlived their usefulness and gave us too much unnecessary clutter atop the forum.

squid

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
On Monday afternoon, I will gather what info I have and pass it on to Matt. Get ready for a load of pics, Deckard! lol .

If Matt is too busy I would be willing to attempt to organize this data. It would take a lot of input from the members as I an new to vintage hats. But there are enough free servers to put it up for everyone to use.

Just add 72 @yahoo.com to my name.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Marc Chevalier said:
The key, I guess, is to make the link to "The Golden Era" very easily seen on the Fedora Lounge screen.

It is VERY easy. It is at the bottom of every page here. ;)

You are an excellent gatherer of photos and info. I am sure your contribution will make wonderful additions to The Golden Era. I look forward to seeing them. Perhaps finally that site will be what I have always seen it as.

Thanks Marc.

Feraud

Bartender
MK said:
It is VERY easy. It is at the bottom of every page here. ;)
A question Mk. On visiting The Golden Era site I notice a page of men's hats from various films.
If I were interested (and I am) in contributing screen caps from various films of hats, suits, and mens/ladies wear, to whom would I send it to?
Is there a specific format necessary or could the person who receives the picture handle any necessary cropping, etc.?
I have a lot of movies on dvd and screen capture software.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart