Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weapons in the Movies

F. J.

One of the Regulars
There’s an interesting fellow on YouTube named Ian McCollum who runs a channel called Forgotten Weapons. He has made videos detailing the history and specifics of most of the firearms mentioned so far in this thread, as well as everything from wheel-locks to mini-guns. If you like guns, especially old or strange guns, you’ll love his channel.

A few examples:

The Ferguson Breechloading Rifle

Development of the Model 1911 Pistol

Merwin & Hulbert Revolvers

Richards Conversion Colt 1860 Army Revolver

Thuer Conversion Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
How about the Gatling Gun? There was even a B movie of the same title, and old John Wayne used one.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Great vids thanks for sharing. One question saw "Wonderwoman" the other day. Lot's of great WWI stuff but one thing bothered me. The male lead purloins a Fokker Eindecker at the start of the movie. I think that there was little chance of one of those being around just days before the Armistice... but mebbe I'm wrong. What do you experts think?

Worf

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
There were German soldiers in Egypt before WWII in the movie Raiders of the Last Art and it didn't bother anyone.

EngProf

Practically Family
There were German soldiers in Egypt before WWII in the movie Raiders of the Last Art and it didn't bother anyone.
I took it that they were there on some sort of clandestine mission and not a substantive military unit (Rommel, etc.).
Also, I may be misinterpreting it... need to see it again...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Great vids thanks for sharing. One question saw "Wonderwoman" the other day. Lot's of great WWI stuff but one thing bothered me. The male lead purloins a Fokker Eindecker at the start of the movie. I think that there was little chance of one of those being around just days before the Armistice... but mebbe I'm wrong. What do you experts think?

Worf
They were retired from front line service in late 1916. Maybe the writers confused the Eindecker with the Fokker DVIII, not sure how, other then they both were monoplanes! Whats the old Hollywood joke, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

MikeKardec

One Too Many
They were retired from front line service in late 1916. Maybe the writers confused the Eindecker with the Fokker DVIII, not sure how, other then they both were monoplanes! Whats the old Hollywood joke, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Or the range of the aircraft. I'm just guessing about that one I haven't seen the movie yet.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Some one mentioned that there were no movies featuring the Trapdoor Springfield rifle. The Gun That Won The West (1955) A very forgettable movie, but towards the end, there are Trapdoors!
aaawatch7_zpspd2chmit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ