Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Engineer - Questions

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
Hi all - I am now the proud owner of a pair of 11" Wesco Engineers. These are "plain jane" no customization but wow what a sturdy and great feeling pair of boots. I can't wait to put some miles on them.

This is my first pair of this style of boot - I am hoping someone can help with a few questions.

My foot is 11.5" x 4.25" - so I bought a pair of 12D (after perusing the Wesco size chart which actually listed 12.5E). They seem to fit well with average thickness socks with some slight heel slippage. Does one want heel slippage? Plenty of toe room and maybe just a big snug on the sides - but I believe after some wear time they will conform okay.

Also, there is a lower and upper strap with buckle. The boot width at the top is quite roomy so I adjusted that to the smallest width. The boots are somewhat difficult to pull on with pressure coming on the top of my foot so I am wondering about the lower strap. Does one set up the straps initially and from then on just pull on the boots or is it necessary to undo the strap each time? That would be somewhat of a hassle.

Curmudgeun complaint: I think one of the most difficult things in apparel is getting the right fit on shoes - and so many companies do not provide enough information - Wesco seems to be an exception. But for example I searched for "Chippewa" size or fitment charts and there is nothing out there except for interchange on the various forums. I wonder why shoe companies don't provide a list of measurements like the nice chart that Wesco does.

Appreciate your iinputs - Cheers! View attachment 61914

Congrats!
Sounds you are on track. This is precisely how I felt and was describing mine at the stage you are. Wear them as much as you can and every day they will mold to your feet beautifully and look better and better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Studley Bo-Dudley:
ws1.jpg
ws2.jpg
ws3.jpg

Chadwick

New in Town
Hey guys,
First post on here, just joined after reading helpful advice on here for a while, so thank you all already.

Couple of questions I'd love your experience and expertise on. (Not sure if this is the correct thread so U might ask in others also)...
About to order some Engineers (looking at Wesco Boss, love the big rounded bump toe on the standard boss toe last) but agonizing over a couple options.
Firstly sizing - I currently wear White's Smokejumpers in a 13EE and they fit perfectly. I've seen some of you guys suggest Wesco is half-to one size up? According to my tracings and measurements, talking to Chris at Wesco I'm between a 13.5EEE and a 14EE ? But I've read others say they are all true to size and the same size fits fine... Any advice?

Secondly, midsoles... I'm definitely going for a #430 sole and probably brown dyed edge, but don't know whether to go double or standard single midsoles. I know I've got a decent sized hoof and I'm 6'1" so the doubles wouldn't look too out of proportion and I love the chunky look. But I don't wanna look like I'm on stage with KISS in platforms and have a heap of heel slippage from super stiff soles...
Thirdly buckles - I love the traditional vintage shiny look of the nickel, but I've read that most recommend the roller style for function?

Finally, has anyone bought or tried on the new White's Cykel boot? I know my size in White's at least, but they might be too narrow/pointy (kinda Equestrian looking), and are only thin soles...

I need to get it right unfortunately via distance, (I'm in Australia).
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Anyone have any Wesco boss boots with a less traditional sole. I’m considering the 232 for more walking comfort but would prefer to see an actual picture as opposed to the boot builder.

edmond

Vendor
why dont you try using the raptor sole? or you can send them the sole and theyd gladly install them for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy