Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Mister Lou engineer boots: fit/sizing?

Raul

One of the Regulars
Hi,
can any owner of these boots give some hint about how they fit?
I don't own any engineer boot to compare, to give an idea I am:
- 8.5 D in Red Wing Moc-toe 6" and Iron Ranger
- 8.5 D in Alden cordovan Barrie last and 9 in Aberdeen last
- 9 E Yuketen Maine Guide boots
- 8.5 Converse All Star canvas
I read in some website that one should size down half a size, so maybe a 8E could fit?
Any advice is welcome
Thank you in advance

Psant25

One Too Many
I cannot say for the mister lou. But i have had numerous wesco boots and a pair on the MP toe 1339 last i think those mister lou boots use that. I wear same size in wesco as I wear in RW and also whites and alden trubalance. 9.5D all around. May be slight differences between boots in width or length but we are talking milimeters here. A full size length wise i think is like 1/3 of an inch

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
^ditto re sizing. Keep in mind if this is your fist pair of engineers that they dont wear like laced boots. The instep strap only offers limited fit adjustment. In my experience with engineer boots You really need to get them broken in and molded to your feet for a good fit. This goes for all makers.

Psant25

One Too Many
Another note standard n strange says they run narrow I did not really see that on my same last boots. Also, the MP toe is pretty flat you would not want to go too short. I notice on all my leather bottom boots as I wear them and they break in the heel settles and my foot moves slightly forward. So new boots that feel a little long break in just right. I hope this helps.

Pandemic

One Too Many
In my experience, Boss and MP fit close to tts on the Brannock, but if you are between sizes then go down. I can’t speak to widths, since I went EEE (not an option for production Mr Lous).

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Raul,
I own a pair of the Mr. Lou and I did not go down a 1/2 size. For reference I wear 10 1/2 in Red Wings, Wesco, Whites, and pretty much any other shoe I can think of. Normally I am a D width but I ordered the E in these since the MP toe runs a bit narrow.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One other thing about the Mr. Lou is that they have a very narrow shaft compared to other Wesco engineer boots. This made them a little tougher to slip on and off when they were new and stiff. No issue for me now that they’ve loosened up some.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of Mr Lou’s, and I would go for the same size as your Red Wings too. Worked very well for me, and I don’t even use the strap to adjust at all.
The boot runs pretty narrow, but I went with the standard width and have no problems with that.

Great boot, by the way!

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
I ordered mine in the same size as my Red Wings Iron Rangers and they are very narrow and not longer then the Iron Rangers. My advice don't go too short.
Next time I would order them in the E width.
I am at the beginning of breaking them in so I hope they will get a little wider and mould to my feets. The narrower shaft is nice and prevents al lot of the heel slip.

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
I have a couple pair of Mr. Lou Engineers - I am a 11.5D Brannock but in most Wesco I like the 12D, or 11.5E. I even have a few 13D that fit well with thick(er) socks. One thing about horsehide boots they seem to run a bit narrow - so if you are borderline go up to the next width.

sjmin209

New in Town
FWIW I'm a 9D Brannock, take a 9D in the Wesco Boss, and also took a 9D in the Mr. Lou. These are slightly narrower than the 7500, but only to the point that they feel snug when I wear thick socks.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I go down .5 from brannock in Wesco MP toe, which is what the Mister Lou is. The fit is weird though, it's loose in the heel and too tight in the toe. That's my experience though, not sure if it's the same for everyone else.

Colin G

One Too Many
I went up 1/2 size from Red Wing and moved up in width. Red Wing I am an 8 D so in a Mr Lou I am an 8 1/2 E. Instep was too loose for my liking so I returned them and ordered a Wesco Warren boot instead but the Mr Lou is a really nice boot. Once I started regularly wearing Wesco and Whites for the last couple of years I can't even really look at my Red Wings any more. They seem like ballet slippers in comparison.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I did a review of these yesturday in the "General" section - which seems much less responsive of a forum over there:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/comparison-wesco-mr-lou-to-john-lofgren-engineer.102418/

My feet run slightly narrow and as indicated, the pair of Wesco Mr. Lou's I tried were an 11D (a bit too short, both feet). That pair is now sold, and last evneing I ordered a new pair of 12D's through Baker's Boots. I run slighlty narror of food, so the "D" width will be spot-on based upon my experance & limited wearing of the 11D's.

Raul

One of the Regulars
At the end I bought the 8.5D (E was unavailable at ironheart.uk) and they fits me OK, my foot is not wide so they aren't too tight, and after a few hours of wearing they already begin to break in, the only problem is to put them on and out, a real pain in the... but I can live with it as the look when on is amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko