Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Mister Lou engineer boots: fit/sizing?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At the end I bought the 8.5D (E was unavailable at ironheart.uk) and they fits me OK, my foot is not wide so they aren't too tight, and after a few hours of wearing they already begin to break in, the only problem is to put them on and out, a real pain in the... but I can live with it as the look when on is amazing
Raul,
Don’t worry about that initial difficulty putting them on and taking them off. I had the same problem when mine were new and I’m happy to say that with a bit of wear and use it loosened up enough to go on and off comfortably.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did a review of these yesturday in the "General" section - which seems much less responsive of a forum over there:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/comparison-wesco-mr-lou-to-john-lofgren-engineer.102418/

My feet run slightly narrow and as indicated, the pair of Wesco Mr. Lou's I tried were an 11D (a bit too short, both feet). That pair is now sold, and last evneing I ordered a new pair of 12D's through Baker's Boots. I run slighlty narror of food, so the "D" width will be spot-on based upon my experance & limited wearing of the 11D's.
Yes,
Too bad we lost our engineer boot thread in Outerwear because since it went away I haven’t bothered to check it out on the other side.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
It sounds like the OP got his answer, but these are built on the 1339 last. I wear my standard size - I'm a 13D and in the Mr. Lou, the 13E feels like a custom fit for me. I like it so much that I have a pair of 7500s in British Tan and both colors of the Mr. Lou (Brown and Black Horsehide). Since I've gotten these, my White's are literally getting dusty just sitting on the shelf. The Mr. Lou's are well worth the initial investment and I highly
recommend them.

Last edited:

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
Really like the look of Mister Lou. I have very narrow feet (11B), more in the ankle area, so these might be too wide in that area if I want enough toe space..

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
At the end I bought the 8.5D (E was unavailable at ironheart.uk) and they fits me OK, my foot is not wide so they aren't too tight, and after a few hours of wearing they already begin to break in, the only problem is to put them on and out, a real pain in the... but I can live with it as the look when on is amazing
I am also an 8.5B/D In alden Barrie last... How are your Mister Lous breaking in? Are you satisfied with the fit now or would you go up half a size? Hope to get your view before i pull the trigger on a pair...

Raul

One of the Regulars
Well, I actually wore them very little for the restrictions we had here in Italy, so no broken in yet. Once on I feel my feet comfortable but it's still a bit complicated to put and remove them. It depends also if your feet is narrow or fat (mine is rather narrow). Or you can buy a size up and eventually put an insole if too large

omaramos

New in Town
does anyone know how they compare to trickers boots? those and crocket and jones are the only boots I own.

omaramos

New in Town
does anyone know how they compare to trickers boots in sizes? those and crocket and jones are the only boots I own.

Psant25

One Too Many
I do not own trickers yet but i would buy a size 9.5d. I have been looking at them a lot lately. I wear a 9.5d in wesco, alden, whites, etc. i would also wear a 9.5d viberg I believe.

Division road a retailer in the US has on their sizing guide these makers fitting all about the same even though it is us and uk sizing.

From divisionroad web:

Additionally, in our Wesco make-ups you will typically size equally or a half (.5) size up from a Viberg or a Tricker’s, …

We find that White's is usually the same size as a Viberg 2030, Tricker's 4497s, and an Alden Barrie last…

omaramos

New in Town
I do not own trickers yet but i would buy a size 9.5d. I have been looking at them a lot lately. I wear a 9.5d in wesco, alden, whites, etc. i would also wear a 9.5d viberg I believe.

Division road a retailer in the US has on their sizing guide these makers fitting all about the same even though it is us and uk sizing.

From divisionroad web:

Additionally, in our Wesco make-ups you will typically size equally or a half (.5) size up from a Viberg or a Tricker’s, …

We find that White's is usually the same size as a Viberg 2030, Tricker's 4497s, and an Alden Barrie last…
thanks man that super helpful. i have lots of trickers stowe boots because the last just fits my foot perfectly as i have a wide foot and because being from london there shop is only a few miles away. i’d be wary of the leather though: make sure it not the deer hide as in person they look terrible and being so soft the leather has zero structure.
ironheart retailer in england are getting some mr lou’s in wide fitting engineer boots next month. they said they will be using italian horsehide for this batch as it’s according to them better quality than the horween that was used for the last run.

Xopher

A-List Customer
I am a Wesco dealer. Feel free to send me a message. Id be happy to help the best I can. I can also get boots for folks about $50 under the price of buying from the factory

Hi,
can any owner of these boots give some hint about how they fit?
I don't own any engineer boot to compare, to give an idea I am:
- 8.5 D in Red Wing Moc-toe 6" and Iron Ranger
- 8.5 D in Alden cordovan Barrie last and 9 in Aberdeen last
- 9 E Yuketen Maine Guide boots
- 8.5 Converse All Star canvas
I read in some website that one should size down half a size, so maybe a 8E could fit?
Any advice is welcome
Thank you in advance

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ