Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wesco mr lou size question

hardlyworkingman

Familiar Face
I wear the following. [Brannock 9.5]

Sneaker: 9D US
Dress shoes or boots: 8.5D US

Alden (barrie last) - 8D US [they are snug fit but I manage, although I feel 8E would be bit more comfortable]

Sizing for Wesco Mr. Lou, anyone in my size who owns one can recommend?

Last edited:

dep

New in Town
I'm interested in this (your) recommendation for the Wesco Mr. Lou. I bought a pair and did the recommended "1/2 size below brannock device measurement." (Brannock is 9.5D and I went with 9D). After a few months of daily wear, the boots are comfortable, but feel very long. Standing, there is a very generous thumb width between my toe and the end of the leather toe box boot and the heel lifts a bit when I walk. The width is perfect. I am thinking of getting in line for some 8.5D Mr. Lou's. What makes you recommend a larger size drop and then the shift to the larger width? Is this a proven strategy for these boots? I get it. I just would be curious to hear your experience and reasoning. Many thanks!

Observe

One Too Many
I'm interested in this (your) recommendation for the Wesco Mr. Lou. I bought a pair and did the recommended "1/2 size below brannock device measurement." (Brannock is 9.5D and I went with 9D). After a few months of daily wear, the boots are comfortable, but feel very long. Standing, there is a very generous thumb width between my toe and the end of the leather toe box boot and the heel lifts a bit when I walk. The width is perfect. I am thinking of getting in line for some 8.5D Mr. Lou's. What makes you recommend a larger size drop and then the shift to the larger width? Is this a proven strategy for these boots? I get it. I just would be curious to hear your experience and reasoning. Many thanks!
I have a pair. They're a bit pointy at the end, you may find your toes cramped if you size down. If you're getting some heel lift, try cinching down the instep strap a bit more. You can even punch extra holes in it if need be. You'll never fully get rid of heel lift in engineers unless you get really lucky with compatible foot shape and sizing.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab

I agree with what Observe points out above, but my take on this was, using the comparison provided against the Aldens with 8D being snug but otherwise a good fit, I suggested the same size but the E width. which worked for me when I purchased the Mr Lou's

Observe

One Too Many
Don’t do D width. Only do E width. If they’re too wide, you can get them relasted to D width but it is expensive.
Maybe it's my wide feet but I feel like a D in the MP last would feel like foot binding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21