Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Oh, I'll definitely share it, but don't hold your breath. I plan on visiting in the spring, so you might be holding it a while.

Happy New Year!!
Holding one's breath that long may have negative impacts on one's health, therefore I will refrain. I was, however, suggesting that images may be posted. Unless of course you are waiting on the hat, as I am currently doing.

Happy New Year to all as well.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holding one's breath that long may have negative impacts on one's health, therefore I will refrain. I was, however, suggesting that images may be posted. Unless of course you are waiting on the hat, as I am currently doing.

Happy New Year to all as well.
Worse, Mike won't start on it for a while. I want to go to Covington anyway. I have 5 from Buckaroo already.

later

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Worse, Mike won't start on it for a while. I want to go to Covington anyway. I have 5 from Buckaroo already.

later

Ah, that is a bummer. I am guessing Mike is a bit busy with the film hats and prior orders.

I am currently waiting for a custom made hat. I ordered it from Baldwin Hats in Sister, Oregon. I am very excited. It will be black, 100% beaver fur with a 4 inch brim and a cattleman's crown.
I will post pictures when I receive the hat and I will post photos of it next to the 6X City Limits I currently wear as a daily hat.

Last edited:

krasher

New in Town
Standard western hat from California

I found this moth-eaten and very dirty white long-hair hat with a faded violet/purple ribbon in a Los Angeles antique store last year and brought it home for a few bucks.
I dyed the ribbon in black and washed and cleaned it up a bit - here is the result:

standard1.jpg
standard2.jpg
standard3.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Perry.

alan:

My father has a lamp stand that could be the double of yours. I can't remember where it came from.

I have two of those stands. A matching pair. I actually bought those in a yard sale 8 years ago at $40 apiece. The guy I bought them from said his wife was tired of having old things in her house. I was more than happy to relieve her stress of having those old things in her way. Both are in remarkable condition. Wish I could say the same for me though.

I changed out the campaign style bow on my Stagecoach for one that's more simple. It was just too much bow. I think with something like an 8 ply mid-ribbon, simple is best. The ribbon of itself is enough....

Before:

Stagecoach_Indy_04.jpg

After:

IW_SC_04.jpg

IW_02.jpg

IW_03.jpg

r_indy_02.jpg

r_indy_04.jpg

I really like the campaign bow, but it was the wrong ribbon choice for that style. I think the simple bow gave it a more neat and tidy look.

For a campaign style bow, thin ribbon works best...Resistol Stagecoach, Silverbelly...

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

Stagecoach_R_01.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo