Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Latigo

Familiar Face
@FedOregon , @johnnycanuck Here's one that looks almost like that Stetson. It's a Bailey Beaver 100 with a cow kick front and back, but I like yours better, this one does look like it got kicked by a cow...........

2955snap.jpg

2966snap.jpg

Latigo

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@FedOregon , @johnnycanuck Here's one that looks almost like that Stetson. It's a Bailey Beaver 100 with a cow kick front and back, but I like yours better, this one does look like it got kicked by a cow...........

View attachment 83284
View attachment 83285
Latigo
That one looks pretty darn good as well. I would wear it.
What has got my interest in these hats is I have started to read Elmore Leonard - Pronto. For those who don't know its the books the TV show Justified was based off of. In the book it specifically tells you Raylan Givens hat is the kind you see in the photo of Lee Harvy Oswald getting shot. paints a very specific image. Thinking of modifying one of my Stetsons, maybe getting a Campdraft or maybe getting a custom hat made up........ Time to start saving.
Johnny

Willebe

A-List Customer
If I recall, your Stagecoach had a feathered hatband that was not original to the hat.
The model is the S047 BRAZOS.
Hmmm. That is interesting. In my limited knowledge I thought it was original to the hat. I found another Stagecoach on eBay that looked identical, albeit in better shape, to mine with the same hat band. That is where that model number came from. It looks identical. Hmmm. That is also why I was hoping to learn more about the Stagecoach line.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm. That is interesting. In my limited knowledge I thought it was original to the hat. I found another Stagecoach on eBay that looked identical, albeit in better shape, to mine with the same hat band. That is where that model number came from. It looks identical. Hmmm. That is also why I was hoping to learn more about the Stagecoach line.
I believe it was not original to the hat. None on the catalog pages (well there are only 3) have one.
Some of the Stagecoach hats I got had a feathered hatband that once removed, the original one was there.

Latigo

Familiar Face
@Michael R. said: "Looks like a Rancher with a Fort Worth type crease (the kicks) . Profile 01 my favorite"

Michael are there any standards to the depth/ width of the kicks that you know of? The reason I like the Stetson better is that the kicks aren't so deep and wide. Of course it's nothing that can't be changed.

Latigo

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Michael R. said: "Looks like a Rancher with a Fort Worth type crease (the kicks) . Profile 01 my favorite"

Michael are there any standards to the depth/ width of the kicks that you know of? The reason I like the Stetson better is that the kicks aren't so deep and wide. Of course it's nothing that can't be changed.

Latigo

Naw no standards on that , just to your liking . The profile 01 is Stetson's Rancher , El Presidente' , El Patron , 5" crown crease straight sides . My favorite . Fed's Hat just has been brought down and modified .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Michael R. Thanks, the ones that are almost the same seem to be: San Antonio, Fort Worth and wasn't there a third that was named after a city?

latigo

There's the Foreman crease , and I think it was called the Stockyard (probably Fort Worth) or Stockman crease / But there seems to be another named after a city/town but its not coming to me . The same cease can have several names depending on where you're at or from .

Willebe

A-List Customer
I believe it was not original to the hat. None on the catalog pages (well there are only 3) have one.
Some of the Stagecoach hats I got had a feathered hatband that once removed, the original one was there.
Here are pics of the two hats. I wonder if the feather was placed by the stores selling the hats. Different ones are listed on the hat sweat. Obviously a moot point, but it is curious. I did make one little addition to mine. [emoji6]
3df19a1f7803020fbe595abe019ccb6f.jpg
$_3 (1).JPG
380ce9fa53bb2207727de0d7218b767d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Here are pics of the two hats. I wonder if the feather was placed by the stores selling the hats. Different ones are listed on the hat sweat. Obviously a moot point, but it is curious.
Probably some were the owners and other the stores.
The one I have seen had hooks to fix them to the hat.

I did make one little addition to mine. [emoji6]
Cool :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy