Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Thanks, Joe. I’m coming around to black hats, but black felt in this heat is not a good idea.
As a Florida boy I can concur on the heat and humidity issue. I wasn’t too big on the black hats either. Went from 1 to more than I care to count in the last several months. Only need one more...... And the one after that.... For sure.... I mean it... this time.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
As a Florida boy I can concur on the heat and humidity issue. I wasn’t too big on the black hats either. Went from 1 to more than I care to count in the last several months. Only need one more...... And the one after that.... For sure.... I mean it... this time.
4140106.jpg

TY I bought the hat band on Amazon from Panama Hats Direct. I will break her in this next winter. :)
I’ve seen those ribbons from Panama hats Direct. It looks like on their site they intend them for you to be able to swap out on their hats. Are the open ended with some type of a fastener... kinda like a pug. Or how do they work?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my latest refurb project. 1950s era 3X Beaver Quality Stetson Western. This hat was actually abused and worked in throughout its life. I purposely left some of the staining to preserve some of this hat's life history and to give it something of a 'worn lived in look'....

From this:
IMG-20200628-072930255.jpg

IMG-20200628-073145590.jpg

To this:
IMG-20200628-084057081.jpg

To this:
3-X-Beaver-Quality-Stetson-5-A.jpg

Tall straight crown:
3-X-Beaver-Quality-Stetson-9-A.jpg

On the head:
3-X-Beaver-Quality-Stetson-1-A.jpg

My Squirrels want fed:
IMG-20200628-082700779.jpg

IMG-20200628-082748892.jpg

Last edited:

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I’ve seen those ribbons from Panama hats Direct. It looks like on their site they intend them for you to be able to swap out on their hats. Are the open ended with some type of a fastener... kinda like a pug. Or how do they work?
They come together at the bow and you either have to hot glue it or sew it. I just used hot glue.Yeah they have 8 or 10 different colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ