Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What advice would you give to your younger selves?

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boy, DON'T think about the Germans!
It's waste of time. They are, what they are and they will never change. Still nothing more than the mirror image of their worthless public education system.

oh, maybe you are being too hard on them. Sometimes it is hard to have perspective if you are too close.

My advice to a young man would be to find the time to read the classics, even though you are impatient and busy. One classic imparts little. But a string of them will eventually cure your impatience and help you put the world and people into perspective.

oh, maybe you are being too hard on them.

I still wrote the gentle version.

You know, luckily I don't suffer from the two classic main german diseases as they are the "timesaving and hustle disease" and the "parsimony-is-awesome! disease".
Typical Germans are not normal, that's nothing more than sick.
And the older I get, the more I find them disgusting.

Last edited:
I still wrote the gentle version.

You know, luckily I don't suffer from the two classic main german diseases as they are the "timesaving and hustle disease" and the "parsimony-is-awesome! disease".
Typical Germans are not normal, that's nothing more than sick.
And the older I get, the more I find them disgusting.
Are you familiar with a concept called “projection”?

The gist of it, in my layman’s understanding, is that people project onto others that which exists in themselves but which they would rather not acknowledge, to themselves or to anyone else.

It’s as if by railing against one perceived personal or social ill or another they might slay their own demons, or at the very least throw up a smokescreen around themselves.

Are you familiar with a concept called “projection”?

Yep. But like I said, I don't have the two big classic german diseases.

1. I know the difference between price-value and product quality.
2. And I'm not "time-saving sick".

I'm just not part of "ALDI-Germany".

You know, I'm born in 1984. And from 1990 on, I saw all the people here in new East-Germany transforming from educated humans to consume-brainsick idiots. And these are 80% of the people here, I would say.

That's why I gave it up and started to concentrate on lovely subcultures as ours here.

In my young years, I was of course part of ALDI-Germany, too. Circa until age 18. But the stupidity went away from me, because I seemingly had enough braincells left.
And my autistic eyes were always SHARP. :cool:

And that's, why I would always give the serious recommendation:
If you ever visit Germany, NEVER try to discuss with Germans. But the majority wouldn't even understand your language. ;)

Boy, if you don't really like this particular pack of Earl Grey, you don't need to consume it to the end. Waste the crap and enjoy the others, you really like.

jordan1776

New in Town
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, they are crucial for growth. Learn to differentiate between constructive criticism and pure negativity. Proactively pursue your interests and passions, don't wait for opportunities to knock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner