Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What age should a guy stop wearing a bike jacket without a bike?

What age should the biker jacket be put aside to avoid lookin ridiculous?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Keep wearing it

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

mister7

Familiar Face
What really looks ridiculous is the dude that lives up the street from me I often see wearing his full-on biker costume and riding his kiddie size honda 125. There is some kind of a disconnect there for me.

Edward

Bartender
Paisley said:
It depends on the guy. Some guys will always look cool in them, some never will.

I'm afraid to ask....

PhonePhotosJune1107065.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Cool for sure!

Edward said:
I'm afraid to ask....

PhonePhotosJune1107065.jpg

Nice Edward!lol
The jacket and sneer makes you look like you have a chip on your shoulder. The ears make it look like you have a whole bag on one shoulder and a large drink on the otherlol..."Don't make eye contact kids"

Living the Dream!

mister7 said:
What really looks ridiculous is the dude that lives up the street from me I often see wearing his full-on biker costume and riding his kiddie size honda 125. There is some kind of a disconnect there for me.
Some people will go to all ends to live their dream.;)

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, Rumblefish (er... I think....). lol

John, I don't know about the US, but over here the 125s are popular as city runabouts as they're cheap to insure, tax and run day to day. Another major factor is that if you are a learner rider in the UK, you are limited to the capcity enging size you're allowed to ride - fom memory, it's 250cc if accompanied at all times by another, qualified and suitably experienced, rider, or 125cc if not. I'm sure there's also some sort of restriction on cc also for the first year or so post-test? Can't recall exactly. Course, a lot of folks stick with the 125cc after passing the test

Much like cars, bigger capacity engines have been traditional in US designed bikes, not least because petrol / 'gas' has always been so much cheaper over there.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Wear it! And what about the fedora? ? ?

Doh! said:
When it rains, I put on a trench coat. I have yet to set foot inside of a trench.

Can I hear an, "Amen!"? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap That and the airplane line is great also! Let's expand that, how many of us have Indy based fedoras but aren't archaeologists? [huh] You like it, it is paid for, your gf doesn't mind it. . Sounds like you need to
a) Get a nice glass and a bottle of Woodford Reserve
b) Pour the WR into said glass.
c) Put on the Jacket
d) Sit in your favorite chair (cigar optional)

Now. Let's talk about those leather pants for gardening!!!:rolleyes: :eek:
S'all cool!! lol

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Entitled

At first I was going to vote for 25. I'm in a contrary mood today:rolleyes: But then I thought, what the heck, the older one is the more one is ENTITLED to wear any darn thing. If one wants to look like a fool, he's entitled. Wear it at 110 in your walker or wheel chair if you want. :eek: :D

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Some wear it for fashion, others for utility. Either way, there's nothing cooler.
I do have a collection of Harley Davidson t-shirts I bought from various parts of the usa and europe. I'm a biker (currently between bikes) but I never owned a Harley and feel a little foolish when I wear the shirts.

Edward said:
Thanks, Rumblefish (er... I think....). lol
John, I don't know about the US, but over here the 125s are popular as city runabouts as they're cheap to insure, tax and run day to day. Another major factor is that if you are a learner rider in the UK, you are limited to the capcity enging size you're allowed to ride - fom memory, it's 250cc if accompanied at all times by another, qualified and suitably experienced, rider, or 125cc if not. I'm sure there's also some sort of restriction on cc also for the first year or so post-test? Can't recall exactly. Course, a lot of folks stick with the 125cc after passing the test
Here in the US the selection of motorcycles is very wide but the lifestyle people will usually be the big v-twin boys like Harleys and Indians or the Japanese Street Race Bikes but on both sides they will go for bigger bikes than 125cc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925