Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the chances?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You soooooooooooooooooooo need to be on Histories Mysteries or whatever the show was that LizzieMaine was on with the Amos & Andy record with this. At least you'd probably have a definitive answer on it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forgotten Man said:
He and I and another friend are looking into more history regarding the label the suit was sold at.
A quick search found a Calmenson Clothing Co. in Watertown (SD), which was in operation at the time in question. That's all I got. [huh]

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Taggert said:
Wow simply wow

This is gotta be one of the coolest stories of lost history finding it's way to the right people I have read. I anxiously await the results!
That's one of the most interesting aspects to me. There are so many circumstances without which this story could never have come together. What if the guy just ahead of Rob at the store had been that size and thought it was a nice jacket and/or pants? What if Josh had not kept the suit for that long because it was a tad small? What if FM or Josh had passed the suit to a slightly smaller friend that the suit fit better? What if Josh's interests veered more towards the Hollywood set than gangsters? It's such a boggling case of a cosmic alignment!

Sydney Loren

Familiar Face
lf

"Clyde Barrow Signature On A 1928 One Dollar"
I'm not going to lie, it looks similar to me, and sorry it won't show up normally.
What an interesting story that is, how exciting would it be if it really were his suit?

Justdog

Practically Family
Signature

Sydney Loren said:
lf

"Clyde Barrow Signature On A 1928 One Dollar"
I'm not going to lie, it looks similar to me, and sorry it won't show up normally.
What an interesting story that is, how exciting would it be if it really were his suit?

Dont want to be a party pooper:p but the letters are printed. The B is quite different and the other letters on the bill are capital letters. Not sure about the bill. Suit has possibilities.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
A quick search found a Calmenson Clothing Co. in Watertown (SD), which was in operation at the time in question.
Blanche Barrow's book My Life with Bonnie and Clyde recalls the Barrow gang lamming it thru most of the central US in the summer of 1933, including South Dakota.

I can also confirm that my suit - a later '30s DB without the NRA tag - is of this same material and color. I recognized it immediately!
435624165_abb4e6aeda.jpg

435624171_a4fea45a93.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner