Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

silverscreen789

New in Town
I've been listening a lot to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. I still love that song.

I'm starting to love old standards more and more. I've always loved the classic movies, so now I'm discovering the music, too. I do like Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, and Vera Lynn especially.

wahine

Practically Family
The 1920s Radio Network - Music of the 20s, 30s, 40s Old Time Radio, Chesapeake Virginia. Playing lots of big band, swing and other great stuff.
Love to listen to that on my winamp wurlitzer skin :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to get ready for a long day by --

Starting off with an English entry in the cutie-pie duet derby, as Leslie Holmes and Elsie Carlisle double up in 1933 for "Something Came And Got Me In The Spring." I suspect hay fever, myself.

Next, back to 1930 for the often-imitated, never-equalled Man With The Patent Leather Lungs, Harry Richman himself and "There's Danger In Your Eyes Cherie," the romantic ballad hit from "Puttin On The Ritz." Just the thing to sing to your gal before you blind yourself drinking bootleg booze.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
78s to get ready for a long day by --

Next, back to 1930 for the often-imitated, never-equalled Man With The Patent Leather Lungs, Harry Richman himself and "There's Danger In Your Eyes Cherie," the romantic ballad hit from "Puttin On The Ritz." Just the thing to sing to your gal before you blind yourself drinking bootleg booze.

Pass the booze this way dear.......

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Early Ellington

The Complete Brunswick and Vocalion Recordings of Duke Ellington, 1926-1931. I've been listening to this box set for the past couple of days. Some of the recordings are a bit fuzzy, but Ellington shines through.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
wahine said:
The 1920s Radio Network - Music of the 20s, 30s, 40s Old Time Radio, Chesapeake Virginia. Playing lots of big band, swing and other great stuff.
Love to listen to that on my winamp wurlitzer skin :)

Ooooh, yes! I have this app on my iPod. I love it. I also love the Radio Swing Worldwide network and Radio Dismuke!!

But right now, Muggsy Spanier is getting lots of play in the iPod.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Killing time on a slow night at work listening to a 1936 political talk by Herbert Hoover, speaking on behalf of the Landon/Knox ticket. Hoover has without doubt the least dynamic speaking personality of any 20th century political figure. If a leather hassock could deliver a political talk, it would sound very much like Mr. Hoover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot