Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Right now (in no particular order):

Harry Connick, Jr.
German Popular Music hits of 1935-1945
"Der Untergang" soundtrack
Brian Setzer and various Rockabilly
Best of the Baroque
Benny Goodman
Seven Nations

I've got a library of about 8,300 songs/pieces on my work PC ('cause that's where I spend most of my time!), so I randomize my playlist every day...
Rob

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I just bought the "Big Change" album from iTunes, proceeds going to the FINCA charity. Some really good bands on there that I haven't heard before, and a beautiful song by Antony and the Johnsons. Also, "4th and Main" by West Indian Girl (lovely)...

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I'm listening to the blues, Sidney Bechet's "Sweet Patootie" (1938)

~~sweet patootie only thing she craves
~~sweet patootie wanna

carry

her

to

her

graveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:eusa_clap :D :eusa_clap

S

Samsa

I've been listening to Chris Bathgate's album "Throatsleep" all day. How that man is not famous is beyond my comprehension.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I have no idea why, but I'm listening to the audiobook of Jack the Ripper, Portrait of a Killer, Case Closed. :eusa_doh: I have got to stop being morbidly fascinated by things that sicken me.

Ripper

Familiar Face
LadyStardust said:
I have no idea why, but I'm listening to the audiobook of Jack the Ripper, Portrait of a Killer, Case Closed. :eusa_doh: I have got to stop being morbidly fascinated by things that sicken me.

That is a very excellent read, well listen, Another Ripperologist ?
I love that book, I have listened to it several times !

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ripper said:
That is a very excellent read, well listen, Another Ripperologist ?
I love that book, I have listened to it several times !

Absolutely! :) I used to be absolutely maniacal about the whole case, fully invested in all the little details, I had my own theories, and I was constantly re-evaluating my own list of suspects based on information I would read. Now, sadly, I'm nowhere near that level of dedication, but I still like to revisit the case from time to time, and I still have my suspects. It's great to see another fan, and your name is so appropriate to the subject matter (lol )! It's also nice to see another person who didn't discount the aforementioned book, which I've also read, and appreciated, and took into consideration. For whatever reason, a good majority of Ripperologists completely dismiss it, usually with baseless comments and ad hominem attacks. And they defend Sickert as if he were a god and there's NO WAY he could even have the slightest thing to do with the case. That always baffled me. [huh]

Ripper

Familiar Face
LadyStardust said:
Absolutely! :) I used to be absolutely maniacal about the whole case, fully invested in all the little details, I had my own theories, and I was constantly re-evaluating my own list of suspects based on information I would read. Now, sadly, I'm nowhere near that level of dedication, but I still like to revisit the case from time to time, and I still have my suspects. It's great to see another fan, and your name is so appropriate to the subject matter (lol )! It's also nice to see another person who didn't discount the aforementioned book, which I've also read, and appreciated, and took into consideration. For whatever reason, a good majority of Ripperologists completely dismiss it, usually with baseless comments and ad hominem attacks. And they defend Sickert as if he were a god and there's NO WAY he could even have the slightest thing to do with the case. That always baffled me. [huh]

Well, to stay off topic ;) I think that if Sickert is the Ripper they will have nothing left. The dedicated a lot of their time on this case and to have someone, out of the blue, come in and solve it. It is just kind of a slap in the face for them. I like to keep an open mind about it. I watch the facts ans Sickert fits ! My name is from Jack The Ripper. I was deeply involved in the case at the time. Since then I have "relaxed" lol . Nice to meet you by the way .

lyburnum

Practically Family
Frank Sinatra - Santa Claus is Coming to Town

A great christmas record I picked up for a pound from a charity shop - got to love charity shops!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points