Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

$ally

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I so wish Devotchka would tour somewhere vaguely near the East Coast--they're in Europe most of the spring it looks like. Argh!
I wish they'd hit the SW, or at least someplace around the USA where I have friends to visit.

zaika

One Too Many
Lately...a strange mix of Nile, Judy Garland, Amon Amarth, Mahalia Jackson, Marie Boine, Leadbelly and...to pull the nerd card, Star Wars the radio drama. :p

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I am waiting to listen to a box set of CD's I bought on Amazon.

It is "Artie Shaw: Begin the Beguine." The box has 10 CDS!!!!! For only $18.99!!! It comes from a German label that produces a lot of vintage music. I read the sound quality is not perfect but well worth the price.

Anyways, some pops and crackles makes it sound all the more authentic.

MKL

A-List Customer
Sounds like a nice set Brian.

I am listening to several big bands and a few individual artists: Miller, Shaw, Hit Parade, H. Height (sp?), Johnny Mercer, Vaughn Monroe, and etc.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Failing to comprehend the humor here... it was either that or fire up the Star Wars six-pack... or an all-nighter of Bond scores.:eek:

Oops! Terribly sorry if offense was taken. It was not meant.
Through my life, I've known a number of people who listen to soundtracks that would be considered "beyond the norm", shall we say. I've known people who listen to everything from the soundtracks you listed, to Tiny Toons, to anime soundtracks. I simply find it amusing and endearing is all. :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
(Besides, they're pretty good--Belly of the Steel Beast from Last Crusade does some pretty good storytelling of a clash between good and evil itself, without even needing a movie or Harrison Ford and Sean Connery for backup!)

I get it. The Mister is one of those who listens to extremely obscure soundtracks. And I have a personal weakness for the soundtracks to The Princess Bride and Legend. Tangerine Dream did a very nice job on the latter.

MKL

A-List Customer
Joie, The Princess Bride is one of my favorite soundtracks. There are some good ones out there.

Joie DeVive said:
... And I have a personal weakness for the soundtracks to The Princess Bride and Legend. Tangerine Dream did a very nice job on the latter.

pgoat

One Too Many
I am awaiting a few dvds ordered from Amazon - one of which is "Z" with Yves Montand. Decent if slow-moving at times, but I really love it for the soundtrack. I have the LP as well.

pgoat

One Too Many
Did anyone else buy this?

I got the Led Zeppelin "Mothership" Cd for Xmas...I was under the impression they'd been remastered, but I'll be durned If I hear a difference......

just fyi, the new DVD of The Song Remains the Same sounds quite different - the vocals have been mixed down a bit and the drums have been pumped up. It sounds a bit more natural now.

pgoat

One Too Many
wait, I spoke to soon....

They added a gtr line to the beginning of "Heartbreaker"

also, something trippy is happening at the end of "When the Levee Breaks"

I still remember the first time I heard that drum intro - I was 10. Changed my life....

pgoat

One Too Many
fell asleep with bonzo.....

....now waking up with Yorkshire tea and Paul O'Dette lute music ("Robin is to the Greenwood Gone").....ahhhhh, almost the weekend.

pretty nasty outside, tho ... Brrrrr!

B

BAZ

CAN'T stop listening to "Over The Counter Culture" by Kings Of Nothin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy