Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Nothing at the moment, but on the flight back from Atlanta, I was largely listening to:

Palast Orchester mit Max Raabe
Louis Prima (and Keely Smith, of course)
The Ramones
Disney Bossa Nova
A French band who's name escapes me at the moment.

Before that, I was listening to a few 80's CDs I picked up - The Bus Boys, and two local Seattle bands from that era - The Cowboys and The Heats.

MKL

A-List Customer
I am currently listening to the sound tracks of "Mona Lisa Smile", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Rocketeer".

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Well, right now I'm listening to some old episodes of The Falcon and Suspense. Kind of nice on a cold Friday night.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The blues

I am listening to a lot of the old Chess re-releases of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and others like BB King etc whilst chipping away at my desk. Today I walked into a store with my 18 yr old son and heard some chords floating out and I said to him sounds like BB King and then next minute he starts on the vocals

I have a couple of Louis Prima CDs having listened to his re-released stuff in the film 'Big Night'. "I'm just a gigolo...etc. Great stuff!

Lancealot

Practically Family
cookie said:
I am listening to a lot of the old Chess re-releases of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and others like BB King etc whilst chipping away at my desk. Today I walked into a store with my 18 yr old son and heard some chords floating out and I said to him sounds like BB King and then next minute he starts on the vocals

I have been raiding my library lately for the same things.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Clara Rockmore! Absolutely beautiful and inspiring, it makes me want to learn how to play the theremin even half so well, but I could never do it!

Martina

One of the Regulars
Oldies!

OLDIES are #1 for me!
My father put himself through 10 years of college (he's a biochemest), by playing in a band. He sings and plays guitar and is actually very good; his band was even on a postcard for Laconia, New Hampshire in the early 60s.
When I was younger, my sister and I would lay on the floor of our room and listen to him play and sing at night, after we went to bed. We used to really think that Elvis had come into our home and was downstairs singing with our father! He and my mother would sing duets during the day on weekends and 'we kids' would sing along. To this day I LOVE oldies and I love play guitar and sing.

I also love Classical -I was forced to take classical piano lessons when I was younger and at the time I found them torturous but as I got older, I found classical music both exciting and relaxing, depending on who I was listening to.

Now that I think of it... I also like Motown, R&B, OLD Country, OLD Bluegrass, Soft Rock, some Old Rock and even some of the Older Rap (back when you could understand the words).

I guess I'm just a music freak in general! There's very little music that I don't like -although now that I'm older the loud stuff KILLS me!

~Martina~

MikeBravo

One Too Many
something different

Ministry of Sound Annual 2005

abfab.jpg

techno, techno, techno, darling

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Most unfortunately I am currently listening to my Oceanography professor drone on about beaches. I'm reviewing the lectures that have been put online. I would much rather be listening to ANYTHING else right now!

Psykik

New in Town
While the kids nap and I am surfing the net, I have the Ray Noble Orchestra (with Al Bowlley) playing. Great 1930's Dance Band stuff. The singer Al was killed in a German bombing raid. Because of just one song, I took notice and now own 14 discs of their work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto