Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It's all in the game ...

no secrets here they knew this in the 1950s...perhaps even before... game that's all ..

what ...here Tommy Edwards ...anyway who cares...lookie lookie...oops..no...listen listen... who cares

[video=youtube;Gtizr2G_7Bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtizr2G_7Bk[/video]

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
[video=youtube;vCXwRuRbhxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXwRuRbhxE[/video]

Not going to lie...I really like Tracy Byrd's 1996 remake of this song, too :D It came out at a time when country was starting to get more pop and the country-ness of this one was like a breath of fresh air!

[video=youtube_share;bduM60BfRSc]http://youtu.be/bduM60BfRSc[/video]

I always liked his version, too. My mom and dad said I used to sing it all the time when it came out (I was in Kindergarten.) It is refreshing, now more than ever, to hear that Country sound. Even though it seems like it's been gone so long, it's nice to know it was still there in the 90's.

Not going to lie...I really like Tracy Byrd's 1996 remake of this song, too :D It came out at a time when country was starting to get more pop and the country-ness of this one was like a breath of fresh air!

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I always liked his version, too. My mom and dad said I used to sing it all the time when it came out (I was in Kindergarten.) It is refreshing, now more than ever, to hear that Country sound. Even though it seems like it's been gone so long, it's nice to know it was still there in the 90's.

Well Tom it's around at my house,I listen to lots of different stuff ie;Old Rock,Country,Disco(yeh I said Disco) but the only thing I play on the guitar is "Old Country"life wouldn't be right without Merle,George and Hank

My dad likes Disco, so I listen to some. Listen to a lot of Classic Country, and Doo-Wop, Big Band, etc. I like a wide variety from the 70's and before.

Well Tom it's around at my house,I listen to lots of different stuff ie;Old Rock,Country,Disco(yeh I said Disco) but the only thing I play on the guitar is "Old Country"life wouldn't be right without Merle,George and Hank

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Bobby Darin & Johnny Mercer - Two Of A Kind (1961)

Gees Mario this song has been played constantly on a TV commercial lately,I'm glad you posted it as now I know who sings it.I had thought it was done by the "Rat Pack" I know there's 3 of them and the song is called "Two Of A Kind"

Yes, the take on that song is rather Rat Packish. Especially Johnny Mercer's (good man that he was) vocal delivery has a distinctly Dean Martin flavour about it at times, as if he'd been constantly grinning during the recording session (well, he probably had). In 1961 the two of them recorded a nice album together titled...would you guess it...'Two of a kind'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn