Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I don't care if a song is "vintage" or not -- if I judge it inappropriate for the Lounge, it goes. And those who continue to post things that are inappropriate for the Lounge will go as well. Simple as that. We've got an 0-and-2 count on the batter.

For handy references, here are the rules:

Material posted in this thread must adhere to general Lounge standards, regardless of its year of origin. Material with obscene lyrics -- obscene by the standards of the Era, not the standards of 2013 -- is not permitted. Material with explicitly violent or sexual themes is not permitted. Clever double-entendres of the Harry Roy-Tommy Trindler sort are fine, as is cartoony, non-realistic suggestion of violence in the "Pistol Packin' Mama" vein. There's a line, and everyone here knows where that line is.

This thread has gone along fine for years without requiring constant intervention, because people have been willing to follow our standards in posting. If that's going to be changing now, I'll just go ahead and close the thread and start a new "Golden Era Only" thread. It's up to youse guys and gals.

Last edited:
We seem to get this every now and then. Members -- in some cases longtime members in previously good standing --who suddenly and inexplicably "go postal" and start trolling and trying to press people's buttons. I don't get it. :confused:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The same satisfaction one gets drawing a naughty picture on a bathroom wall. HA HA HA THIS WILL SHOW THEM. And then the janitor comes along with a bucket of soap and a wire brush, and away it goes. He's seen it all before.

Anyways, I'm listening to a Dodgers-Cardinals game from 1957, because it's snowing out and it's still two months till spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart