Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Picked this up with some other Sinatra records at the local Goodwill. I'm not a huge Sinatra fan but with Basie this recording is fantastic.
Sinatra-Basie.jpg

Stewart Field

New in Town
There are several genres which appeal to me, depending on my mood. If I'm feeling mellow I'll throw on some Ella, Benny, Glenn, Ink Spots, Andrew Sisters or other bands and artists from the "Big Band" era. These sounds are usually accompanied by a recliner, a detective novel, a pipe and three fingers of scotch. Otherwise I might be in the mood for some classic country (Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr, etc). My "get up and boogy" era is the 1960s and early part of the 1970s.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Charles Trenet, Boum and Large Mer- before that a bit more chanson, then (further back) Jackie Wilson, Reet Petite, The Fleetwoods, Come Softly Darling, and a bit of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. My tastes are fairly eclectic. This is all via YouTube, however: my MP3 player is 1200 tracks of Swing!

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
Since I'm leaving for music camp tomorrow, I'm listening to a camp song that came out 50 years ago this summer.

[video=youtube;9jjiWS__Mp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran