Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Very mixed bag...

Crowded House
Benny Goodman
Stone Roses
Billie Holiday
Briskeby
Slowdive
My Bloody Valentine

vonwotan

Practically Family
Recently I have been loading Jazziz CD's into the changer and playing whatever happens to come on. I have subscribed for several years and, while not all to my tase, I have not been disapointed by the mixes on their CDs. I am particularly fond of female vocalists so I tend to play their Women series more often than the others.

Women 7 is in the player at the moment.

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Mike in Seattle said:
While running to the market ... Beegie Adair's, The Way You Look Tonight

Mike ... I'm also a fan of Adair's offerings and was wondering if you're familiar with saxaphonist, Denis Solee? He and Beegie Adair have done some collaberating and as is to be expected, they sound great together ... following, are links to a couple of his cds that really stand on their own:

Sax and Candlelight: http://www.amazon.com/Sax-Candlelight-Denis-Solee/dp/B00005AR43/ref=pd_sim_m_title_1

Sax and Romance: http://www.amazon.com/Sax-Romance-D...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212958299&sr=1-2

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shoelessjoe said:
Mike ... I'm also a fan of Adair's offerings and was wondering if you're familiar with saxaphonist, Denis Solee? He and Beegie Adair have done some collaborating and as is to be expected, they sound great together ... following, are links to a couple of his cds that really stand on their own:

Sax and Candlelight: http://www.amazon.com/Sax-Candlelight-Denis-Solee/dp/B00005AR43/ref=pd_sim_m_title_1

Sax and Romance: http://www.amazon.com/Sax-Romance-D...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212958299&sr=1-2

Haven't heard of them before but shall definitely check them out.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Right now: The original recording for the film, "Flying Down To Rio". It's one of my favorites! All the great songs sung by the cast and includes "Sing Sing Sing" by the great Benny Goodman. Just makes me want to go do the Carioca ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:
Plus 10 points for like CH....

d...the rare american that has heard more then two of their songs.. ;)

Haha, you're probably right, apart from "Don't Dream it's Over" not many have probably heard many of their other songs.

I was always bumping into Neil Finn back home a few years back as he lived close by and he went to the same dairy (cornershop).

Smuterella

One Too Many
ooh, Crowded house are one of the few bands whose music I loathe - along with Queen, the Lighthouse Family, M People and Abba.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Waking up to what's probably Fats Waller's most outlandish record -- and that's saying something -- 1939's "Hold Tight." Fish! Fish! Fish!

Next up -- a great segue into Harry James' 1942 recording of "Sleepy Lagoon." That must be where all the fish went.

Lillemor

One Too Many
So far today....

Depeche Mode (2005 PTA Album)
Patti Page
Roy Orbison
Gary Numan
Depeche Mode 1981-1985
Connie Francis
Depeche Mode 101 Live
Deaf School
Madness
Emmylou Harris
Depeche Mode 1986-1998
Connie Francis
The Cars
The Awakening
The Pretenders

I'm currently listening to Roddy Byers

There's always something playing but I rarely listen to more than a couple of songs before I switch to another artist. I'd rather enjoy different artists in small portions. The only exception being Depeche Mode and Connie Francis which I can listen to back-to-back.

anon`

One Too Many
And after a brief but bloody fight with Slimserver after it refused to acknowledge the fact that I stripped all the special characters from a half-dozen ripped albums while I was screwing around in Windows last week, leaving me with the hideously disgusting "Squeezecenter" that Logitech has created to replace the elegantly simple Slimserver interface...

Lumsk - Ormin lange, from [Åsmund Frægdegjevar]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran