Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

HadleyH1

One Too Many
in honor to Q ...whom I love ....and with respect! to all patriots....it's all fun

De Amor Ya No Se Muere. Gianni Bella

Original Prague Syncopated Orchestra -- Saigon
vocal by Ondrej Havelka

e8f36ea2c2387143fc98feb8807b79b9.jpg

Just Jim

A-List Customer
Driving home today, late afternoon, I was flipping through the AM dial and heard something that I'm still hearing. It sounded like someone was covering Alannah Myles' Black Velvet . . . except I'd almost swear the singer was Diana Krall. The arrangement was fantastic: it wasn't just a band cutting in at points, it sounded like an entire orchestra. I can still hear it.

Despite cutting across three lanes of traffic so I could pull over and try to get the singer's name, or at least ID the station, I got nothing. I got home, and began looking. So far, I've not found any recording of the song by Ms. Krall . . . . so I dunno. Maybe I drifted off and dreamed it, maybe I slipped into the Twilight Zone for a moment. I've had a couple songs hit me like that, and I could always run them down somehow--looks like I have another puzzle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy