Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Full Swing--an 80s homage to the big band era featuring Lorraine Feather (daughter of Leonard Feather), Steve March (son of Mel Torme) and Charlotte Crossely (former backup singer to Bette Midler). They do a really great version of "Serenade in Blue" among others. If you like the Manhattan Transfer, early Pointer Sisters, etc., you might want to give them a try.

1. Arden & Ohman's Orchestra -- Clap Yo Hands
2. Nat Shilkret and the Victor Orchestra -- My Man
3. Sam Lanin's Dance Orchestra -- Broken Hearted
4. Jack Denny and his Orchestra -- When Autumn Leaves Are Falling
5. The Little Ramblers -- Could I, I Certainly Could

[video=youtube;G66269zzCmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66269zzCmo[/video]

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
64591210.jpg
[/IMG]

If they 80s can be considered vintage.... X. Loved them then; love them now. I am going to miss then at the Greek Theater but I am sure it will be a great show. They all look so young in this photograph!

Espee

Practically Family
I've never seen or listened to X, but I did see The Bonebrake Syncopators, and I hope to again.
A friend pointed out to me-- the difference between the punk scene in L.A. as compared to NYC or London, was that L.A. had a fair number of good musicians involved.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Oooh, I love the London Swing Orchestra. I've heard of it before, but this is the first time I've seen so much of their music all in one place on YouTube. I'll enjoy this...

You always find the best vintage music, Vic.

EDIT - HELLO my darling! One of my favourite pieces of music, from one of my favourite TV shows!:

[video=youtube;qlI53uILyEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlI53uILyEA&feature=relmfu[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner