Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
Www.Wwoz.org

Listener sponsored, volunteer powered, commercial free, sounds of New Orleans.

Broadcasting from the beautiful French Quarter overlooking the Mississippi River.

Their volunteer DJs do their own programming.

Radio like it used to be only streaming on the word wide web.

Very eclectic music mix. I think that you're going to like it a lot.

Last edited:
Www.Wwoz.org

Listener sponsored, volunteer powered, commercial free, sounds of New Orleans.

Broadcasting from the beautiful French Quarter overlooking the Mississippi River.

Their volunteer DJs do their own programming.

Radio like it used to be only streaming on the word wide web.

Very eclectic music mix. I think that you're going to like it a lot.

I listen to them every day.

Mr Peabody

One of the Regulars
Celtic Frost-Morbid Tales
Diamond Head- Am I evil
Witchfinder General- Soviet Invasion
Burzum-det som en gang var

Good times!

B95D2D09-399D-4FE5-8F15-9040EF1028DE.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
R.I.P Miss Loretta ...

Now that’s an unhappy coincidence.
We came across the movie about her on Prime, just three days ago. I knew her name and upon watching the movie, realised that I knew a couple of her songs. I guess because dad liked country music.
Etsuko hadn’t heard of her but liked her voice (as done by Sissy Spacek, but also her real voice on the ending credits) and we had just been listening to some of her music in the couple of days since.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In memory of the great Nicky Moore who passed away recently. Rest In Peace, big man and thank you for all the great tunes.

Edward

Bartender

Sunday Girl is one of the earliest singles I can clearly remember being released. I suspect beaten only by Don't Cry For Me Argentina from Evita. Julie Covington's rendition of that number was released in November 76, having been recorded for a concept album based on the Eva Peron story that was later - in 1978 - turned into the musical stage show we now know it as. Perhaps something of a foreshadowing, as it is one of many media memories from my childhood that would later on come together in my Rocky Horror life. Julie Covington was the very first actress to play the role of Janet Weiss in the original, 1973 Royal Court Theatre Upstairs production of the Rocky Horror Show. To my knowledge, alas, there are no recordings of her singing Rocky numbers available, as she only stayed with the show for its first three-week run in the RCT, being replaced by Belinda Sinclair when the show moved up the King's Road, and on into the long-running phenomenon never expected when an out of work actor called Richard O'Brien first wrote it in order to fill a couple of weeks and get some money coming in...

The Shoe

One Too Many
Sunday Girl is one of the earliest singles I can clearly remember being released. I suspect beaten only by Don't Cry For Me Argentina from Evita. Julie Covington's rendition of that number was released in November 76, having been recorded for a concept album based on the Eva Peron story that was later - in 1978 - turned into the musical stage show we now know it as. Perhaps something of a foreshadowing, as it is one of many media memories from my childhood that would later on come together in my Rocky Horror life. Julie Covington was the very first actress to play the role of Janet Weiss in the original, 1973 Royal Court Theatre Upstairs production of the Rocky Horror Show. To my knowledge, alas, there are no recordings of her singing Rocky numbers available, as she only stayed with the show for its first three-week run in the RCT, being replaced by Belinda Sinclair when the show moved up the King's Road, and on into the long-running phenomenon never expected when an out of work actor called Richard O'Brien first wrote it in order to fill a couple of weeks and get some money coming in...
Interesting where that post took you. Live stage shows were pretty uncommon back in New Zealand, so I’m only familiar with the movies. But Don’t Cry For Me Argentina was huge - I can’t recall who’s version - likely Julie Covington as the time frame seems right. Certainly not the Madonna version!
Did you listen to the other songs in my week of song? I suspect only New Zealanders (and maybe a few Aussies) would know Tuesday and Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider